Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Not A Warwick,but..

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by Saved, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Saved

Saved

The upper horn is in the midle of the total length and the body is heavier than the neck.I am not sure if it would balanced good enough if it wasnt headless.The headstock is very important for balance

jester likes this.
  2. jester

jester Moderator Moderator

Besides the fret that the upper horn reaches, do you find that balance is influenced by the distance of the pin from the neck? (in your case it is pretty close to the neck)

3. Saved

Saved

I didnt have something for shape in my mind when i was building the body.Only the length and the width was the rules.When i was giving it shape i was looking to make it looks cool.I dont think the strap pin in the upper horn is to close to the neck.Ok,may it be a little closer than other basses,but dont let your eyes fool you.The width of the body is 33cm like the most basses out there,but the length is way bigger.I "stretch" the body in one side and not in both sides because it would end with huge and heavy body.This width barely fits in my rockbass bag.Also,the strap pin near the bridge is very important for the balance.This is what i always take care.Its very critical for me

4. jester

jester Moderator Moderator

How did you place it on this bass? Being headless you 'd have to be forced to place it off-center or alternatively, on the back of the body.

5. Saved

Saved

I put it always higher than the center of the body.In this bass,is in the same screw that holds the black metal piece that covers the tuners

jester likes this.