Norwood Fisher Bass Academy

Reaction score
If this hasn't already been posted, this looks like it should be good.

I hope I make the grade, would love to get some lessons from Norwood (who as most of you will know is a massive influence of mine)

Reaction score
Can't believe no-one else is interested in this.

Here's some details from the Welcome email I just received

To coincide with the 30th anniversary of Fishbone, Norwood "Captain Nutt" Fisher is chartering a trip for bass players and musicians from around the world to study under his direction at the NABA Institute (Norwood's Association for Bass Advancement). The experience will take place online for a select group of players that will be learning from Captain Norwood through a variety of mediums at their convenience throughout the week.

Norwood will be providing lectures each week, along with excercises, and community tools to insure that all players who come to NABA and study with Norwood will take their playing to another dimension.

Reaction score
signed up, but still don't quite understand what's it going to be EXACTLY. But that's the point, i suppose?

Reaction score
What's the deal Neal?
haha,sorry,couldnt help meself.
Is it gonna be an online type thing?like Adam Nitti's music dojo?
It's gonna be sweet gettin the inside scoop on Norwood's bass brain.The man's a complete & utter freakazoid when in comes to makin the bass sing it's guts out.

Reaction score
From the emails it looks like some online lessons, you sign up and he'll add content, in vids, music, tabs, and songs he's working on each week. Also a forum and offer his insight and experience and let everyone ask stuff. your expected to work through the weeks material, then the next week more stuff is added.

If its run well(which i have no doubt about) and from norwood and his 'freakazoidal' (couldn't put it better than greg) nature it'll be both fun and hugely informative.

I'm looking forward to this!

Reaction score
yeh that is an issue, i'm hoping its gonna be affordable, by that i mean not $100 or something.

Top Bottom