Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Sold! Nobby Meidel Fretless '84

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Stuff' started by taosbass, Nov 14, 2018.

By taosbass on Nov 14, 2018 at 11:32 AM
  1. taosbass

taosbass

Hi everybody,

an italian guy contated me to trade his Noddy Fretless.

i'm not interested in, but maybe someone here is.

this is the link to the advertisement in Italian market
    VENDO/SCAMBIO WARWICK NOBBY MEIDEL FRETLESS LINED - #5782165 - su Mercatino Musicale in Bassi Elettrici 4 corde

it is a custom edition ( like most of Nobbie i think) of this bass, it has an integrated wireless system that unfortunatly doesn't works (but maybe fixable), Alembic pickup end electronic.

seems all original, this is the answer of HPW to an email
    ------
    • Da: "Hans Peter Wilfer" <h.p.wilfer@warwick.de>
      Data: 27 agosto 2017 17:24:43 CEST
      A:
      Oggetto: Warwick Nobby Meidel vintage

Dear Mr. Massio Maggi,

your Bass must be from 1985 or so, we made a few, 3 or 4 Nobby Meidl Basses for
      some Artist with an Sennheiser Wireless System.. thats original.. the Bass
      was a absolut Novum in these days.. and yes the Alembics are original...

The Wood is Rio Rosewood on your Bass.. absolute Rare too..

So you have one of 3 or 4 Basses we made with it.. very very rare !

Hope you still can play it and that you enjoy playing the Bass.

with best regards

Warwick GmbH & Co Music Equipment KG
      H.P.Wilfer 27.08.2017, 17:24
      Framus & Warwick / Markneukirchen / Germany
    ---------------------

bye

Attached Files:

RIP and Hoggles like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Stuff' started by taosbass, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Hoggles
      Hoggles
      This is a special Nobby. It's the first one I've seen with the Sennheiser system. Very cool.
    2. taosbass
      taosbass
      hi Hoggles, yes, it seems a very special one

as i wrote the sennheiser system seems does not work. i don't know if fixable or not
      Hoggles likes this.
    3. Hoggles
      Hoggles
      Hi, taosbass... Definitely a really special Nobby. Even if just purchased for a collection, it's a stunning piece of Warwick history. The first (and only that I've heard of) official Warwick, with the very rare wireless system. Who knows if it could be fixed...and a compatible receiver system could be found, but regardless...this is really cool and a total collectors piece. It has me suddenly thinking about my finances ;)

HP is correct with a date of around '85. Some identifying markers are... Flat control knobs and all Brazilian Rosewood with a black compartment cover. Could be a little off, but I think those three things put it at least over #150-200ish. I'll have to check photos of some known examples, but the rounded control knobs came soon after the black electronics cover, so this may be close to that transition.
    4. taosbass
      taosbass
      LOL

i understand, every day .... ;-)

i don't know if the price is negotiable or not. if you are interested i can give you the email of the seller.