New Zealand music scene?

FNA

Reaction score
Hello Kiwis,
I have the potential for a job visa to move to NZ from the USA. I was curious about the music scene and whether people appreciate local, original music. My wife and I visited the South Island this past December and absolutely loved it. We would likely look at Auckland, Wellington, or Christchurch for a full time job. We both play music and I'm wondering what your thoughts are on how New Zealanders receive music. We would probably go regardless, for the amazing experience. Thanks very much!

LoerEnd

Citizen Thumb
Reaction score
I heard you get to hang out with Frodo.

Reaction score
Im from Auckland and the music scene is ok ish. I play Death metal so quite a small scene but the people that are into it are INTO it. New Zealands a cool place and I have been here my whole life been overseas a few times and always love to come home. If you want true freedom to do what ever you want and be able to drive 30 mins from the central city and be by your self along one of the west coast beachs then its the ♣♣♣♣. Maybe I just don't like crowded citys like the US or London ha ha. Also if you smoke then NZ is the place ha ha

FNA

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, guys. My wife and I are keeping the move in mind at this time, but we only have a few months left to decide before the visa expires. We definitely found it to be a beautiful country with friendly people. A side note: we did not find any hobbits on our trip... not that it factors into the decision!

Cheers.

Top Bottom