New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the add.. I could never afford a good bass when I was coming up.. I would buy ebay stuff that needed fixing and would resell and save my $$.. I found the Wicks and fell in love . My main is a modded 96 fortress with active emgs and a 2band pre amp.. I have others but that one is my bass..lol.. Cheers!!!!

Attachments

• 1996 blue.jpg
    1996 blue.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 161
  • og wick3.jpg
    og wick3.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Jazzman 5.jpg
    Jazzman 5.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 145

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello… new to the forum. Just purchased a 1999 FNA, my first German Warwick. I’ve had a couple Rockbasses and would someday like to add a Thumb NT But for now the FNA is pretty all right.
Welcome on board, @yashu ! Where are you from, where have you been? And post some pics! No pic = no Wick! ;-)

Reaction score
Welcome on board, @yashu ! Where are you from, where have you been? And post some pics! No pic = no Wick! ;-)
I’m in Maine (US) but grew up in the five college area of Western Massachusetts… been on the east coast most of my life except for a few years in the southwest. This is my new (to me) bass, came with a pretty nice Gator Case which was a pleasant surprise!

Attachments

• 2594B30F-57D9-469A-83F7-9DB8A02F832A.jpeg
    2594B30F-57D9-469A-83F7-9DB8A02F832A.jpeg
    276.9 KB · Views: 131
Reaction score
Daniel from Ottawa area, Ontario Canada.... This is my first message... I am here looking for information about neck issues. I have been a long time Warwick fan and I have owned many different Warwick basses before realizing that the Corvette is the best for my hands and technique. I am hoping to find the answers to the issues I am having with the neck (it is nothing serious, I do believe the truss rod is very tight/seized) and I am looking for the best way to remedy/repair/replace this. I know that replacement is a bit of an expensive venture... I guess I am wondering who I could ask the questions to so I can best fix this before this becomes a major problem. The neck is arrow straight, so there is no panic... Also, I am wondering the best way to order parts that can be ordered, like the Just-a-Nut, tuners, and perhaps the electronics (humming issues as well).

The bass is a Warwick Corvette Proline 5 string, made in 2004...

I love this Warwick so I would rather fix it than sell it. I thank you all in advance for any assistance, and now that I know this forum exists I will visit often :)

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Daniel from Ottawa area, Ontario Canada.... This is my first message... I am here looking for information about neck issues. I have been a long time Warwick fan and I have owned many different Warwick basses before realizing that the Corvette is the best for my hands and technique. I am hoping to find the answers to the issues I am having with the neck (it is nothing serious, I do believe the truss rod is very tight/seized) and I am looking for the best way to remedy/repair/replace this. I know that replacement is a bit of an expensive venture... I guess I am wondering who I could ask the questions to so I can best fix this before this becomes a major problem. The neck is arrow straight, so there is no panic... Also, I am wondering the best way to order parts that can be ordered, like the Just-a-Nut, tuners, and perhaps the electronics (humming issues as well).

The bass is a Warwick Corvette Proline 5 string, made in 2004...

I love this Warwick so I would rather fix it than sell it. I thank you all in advance for any assistance, and now that I know this forum exists I will visit often :)
So I understand you want more relief and the trussrod is stuck ??
For Warwicks after mid 90s, the trussrod cannot be removed, you would have to take off the fretboard, replace the rod, and glue the board back.

Parts can be ordered from Warwick directly Warwick Spare Parts

Reaction score
So I understand you want more relief and the trussrod is stuck ??
For Warwicks after mid 90s, the trussrod cannot be removed, you would have to take off the fretboard, replace the rod, and glue the board back.

Parts can be ordered from Warwick directly Warwick Spare Parts
A little more relief, perhaps... the truss rod replacement sounds complicated, although I kinda expected that.... I do need other parts as well.. how do I contact an admin of the company for more details?

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
And welcome!

Doesn´t the truss rod move at all? Have you tried to grease it?

Reaction score
And welcome!

Doesn´t the truss rod move at all? Have you tried to grease it?
Ok, I’m curious… how do you grease the integrated truss rod since you can’t remove it from the neck? I’d like to do this but I wasn’t sure about spraying lube down the truss rod hole and that was the only way I could think to get it done.

Top Bottom