New Special Editions!

Reaction score
Check them out:
The Music Schmidt Corvette Std. (awesome!)

And the $$ Zebrano

Reaction score
Are those MEC pickups on that fretless? Didn't know they did covered MM humbuckers if they are. I dig the MM slant J configuration. Handsome instrument.

Reaction score
I think they may have used a twin jazz there. I cant see it well tho. Otherwise id guess barts.

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
Yup, from the stats on the musik schmidt website, they are Bartolini pickups...

Reaction score
heres another new limited run. this time from england

it looks stunning :D

Reaction score
I don't hate ya Bro. And I think there's only one bass that looks good with a Musicman pickup, that's a Musicman. 2? The sound of wood? Is there any wood left in a $$ after all the routing to fit those humungous pickups? My Corvette is a silthe, prolly no more than an inch thick. Take away enough to fit those monsters and that'd be all there was to the bass.

Reaction score
Doog said:
I don't hate ya Bro. And I think there's only one bass that looks good with a Musicman pickup, that's a Musicman. 2? The sound of wood? Is there any wood left in a $$ after all the routing to fit those humungous pickups? My Corvette is a silthe, prolly no more than an inch thick. Take away enough to fit those monsters and that'd be all there was to the bass.
:lol:

Reaction score
Indianerdaniel said:
Stroud said:

Really does! Except.... I'm don't like $$'s.... (Don't hate me!)

Im with you! Ive never really liked humbuckers...

Reaction score
Doog said:
Is there any wood left in a $$ after all the routing to fit those humungous pickups?

still more wood than many basses :wink:

Reaction score
Humungous pickups = Humungous tone. :twisted:

Although I agree that, on the 5-string anyway, the pickups look huge. But I'm darn glad the $$ doesn't sound like a MusicMan!

Reaction score
Stroud said:

That thing is just gooooooorgeous !!! But I do feel that the $$ looks to "raw" and "brute" for such an elegant looking bass. A standard J/J config would look more elegant I think................Ahhhhhhh, what a beauty. :D

O

odominguez

Indianerdaniel said:
Stroud said:

Really does! Except.... I'm don't like $$'s.... (Don't hate me!)

Not a big fan of the $$ myself here. It does sound incredibly big and tough. But for my style of playing I prefer a rather quieter and classic sound.

Reaction score
I like a subtle growl, balenced overall with a modern yet usuable and recordable tone.

Reaction score
Doc said:
I like a subtle growl, balenced overall with a modern yet usuable and recordable tone.

What is a Proline ??

I'll have things that kick butt for 200 again Alex. :lol:

Reaction score
Indeed! I played a Proline with black labels on it at Rudys... it had more growl than the Bubinga vettes! I think that the proline is really what you put into it and how you want it... certinly a very curious insturment!

Top Bottom