Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

New Pedal Day: First Impressions Of Source Audio Orbital Modulator

Discussion in 'Bass Pedals, Effects & Preamps' started by Bassist4Eris, Jan 25, 2018.

1. JamHandy

JamHandy

I wanted to pass this along... I emailed Source Audio telling them I couldn't figure out the Option Select button and the Option knob on the Orbital Modulator (no matter how many times I read the manual, I hate manuals)... they replied by making me a YouTube tvideo to describe exactly how to do it... now that's some good customer service... here's the video they sent:

Thanks to Niko at SA.... now I'm gonna buy a bunch of their stuff... I REALLY like customer service...

Now if I could get BOSS to send me a complete how-to video on EXACTLY how in the hell you zip through their RV-500 reverb pedal parameters... and get Electro-Harmonix to explain how I get their 22500 looper to do even ONE freaking loop... I'll be set

Florin and Bassist4Eris like this.
  2. JamHandy

JamHandy

I wanted to add this... it was determined that the Obrital Modulator I have is defective... the Effects Knob in the center does not change anything...

...so hats off to SA once again... now get this, I bought this pedal USED, not new, not under warranty per se, etc, etc... they have promised pay shipping both ways, and either fix my unit or send me a brand new one... I got the USPS pre-paif shipping label in an email from Niko, and sent the pedal off Friday afternoon...

Refreshing customer service in a day and age when music is dying to idiots like Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber...

...maybe there is hope for the world after all...

I am thoroughly impressed by the Source Audio customer service... I have already put a Nemesis delay on lay-a-way in their honor, haha

G.A.S.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'VE GOT SERIOUS G.A.S...........

Bassist4Eris likes this.
  3. JamHandy

JamHandy

In this thread I mentioned how I loved Source Audio cusromer service... and because of their great customer service they had won a customer and I'd be buying more stuff... well, here is my latest board (for guitar)... SA Nemesis Delay and Ventris Reverb now on hand...

The hole in the upper right hand corner is waiting for a Strymon Mobius... almost the same day I ordered it, the store I ordered it from went all Covid-19 Michigan and had to close because of the Governor of Michigan putting a stay-at-home executive order, also ordering all "non essential" businesses to cease and desist... meaning he has now had to lay off all his guys... has no brick and mortar sales, and just now is getting his Internet page back up (he had at first thought it had to be closed, too)

DSCF1158.JPG
    Signal chain goes something like this:
    - Lovepedal Rubber Chicken auto-wah filter (very finicky, only likes to ne first, sounds like dog farts if you place it after distortions)
    - selling this as soon as the Mobius arrives (or before)
    - Diamond Compressor
    - JHS Bonsaid (9 TS-808s to choose from in one pedal)
    - Lovepedal Kanji 9 (9 more available ODs to choose from)
    - EHX Pitch Form (does octave up/down and other stuff)
    - KORG Pitchblack Poly Tunes
    - TC Electronic RUSH Boost (always on, fattens up stuff)
    - (Not in picture) Strymon Mobius (Stereo signal from here on out)
    - Source Audio Nemesis Delay
    - Source Audio Ventris Dual Reverb
    - EHX 22500 Looper
    - EHX 22500 Looper Foot Controller

(not seen, on back...)

- GFI System Cabzeus Speaker Simulator, Direct Box (does IRs, has software, pretty cool if I ever figure it out, haha)
    - Strymon Zuma power supply

Really loving the both ease of use and the depth of the Source Audio Nemesis/Ventris... plug them in, move some knobs... they make cool sounds... you can also hook them up via USB to your computer... (haven't tried that yet) and ou get to g pretty deep into each of these pedals with the software... one very important thing (for poeople like me who HATE to read manuals)...

I DIDN'T NEED TO WADE THROUGH PAGES AND PAGES OF MANUAL JARGON TO START USING THESE PEDALS !!!!

I previously had WASTED my money on a BOSS RV-500... yikes... the sound right out of the box were shit... all 12 of them on the dial... and the ONLY way to edit them is to sit down and enjoy some really bored as shit butt time with their War and Peace sized manual... not... took the worthless piece of shit to Sam Ash and sold it wholesale... I've never bought anything BOSS in my life... this was a great example why I will never buy another piece of BOSS horse dookies, ever... I've boycotted their company (except for the Roland leg...) since they materialized in the late 70s... I see no reason to buy any of their shit from this day forward...

Plus, BOSS's idea of an educational tutorial on their web site is a very obscure video with no talking, that shows the pedal, shows a red circle around things, then shows the menus being thrashed through as if you're just supposed to read the guy's mind and know what in the hell the thing does... total shit as far as I'm concerned... I can live without BOSS anything the rest of my life, hahahaha

Their marketing is very convincing, until you sit down with their tech-no crap... I guess I'm just old school... plug it in, diddle a knob or two... go "wow that sounds cool"... First time I sat down with the RV-500 I thought every sound in it sounded like butt... then was super bummed at how much I had looked forward to using it... paid for it on layaway forever... then a total turd... it deserves a f-ed up rant somewhere (don't waste any money on the 500 series BOSS pedals... go directly to Source Audio... do not pass GO, do not collect $200...)

End BOSS rant...

LOL

Anxiously hoping SA will do a modulation pedal in the Nemesis/Ventris housing... If they had one today I would in no way buy a Strymon Mobius...

RIP and Bassist4Eris like this.
  4. JamHandy

JamHandy

ps. Most of the pedals on the big board picture I shared on Page 1 have been sold... this is all that's left... oh, and a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe wah and a volume pedal (did someone say BOSS... hahaha)