Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

New life again for me (?)

Discussion in 'Maddrakkett's Caffe' started by Florin, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hi Warwick friends :)

As some of you know, two years ago I made a decision - I left my band, and move to a quiet city together with my wife and child. I wanted to offer them a nice quiet life so I did.

Together with me, my wife had to stop doing what she loved the most - being a puppeteer.

In these two years I was invited by many bands to join them, even a awesome opportunity to play with Steve Vai in a small tour. It was always the same - firtst being enthusiastic, and happy, then thinking about all the lost Weekends, and Christmas nights, and New Year's eve, being away from my loved ones. I simply couldn't go... So I said "no" to some major bands in ROmania...

The weird thing is that I always wanted to start a local band, even cover band in my little city. And to my surprise, the guys I contacted to start a new band said "no" to me :)

So here we are, after two years, my wife was contacted by the local "State Puppet Theater" to join them. She will start working as an actress in September, and I see her so happy :)

And then I thought... who I am trying to fool... MUSIC was always my life, and I actually miss that a lot. Now my family status is OK we moved, we started a small business that is going OK, we have friends, my son has friends, maybe it is time for daddy to start playing again.

I see now, that I could probably doing. Yes, I was every day together with my son, but again, was I really a model for my son? A sad and lazy guy staying all day long with the laptop? I dunno, for me it was a big thing to see my mother being a successful doctor, and my father designing stuff for Daimler and Porsche, as engineer.

So I am thinking to start gigging again. I know it will not be easy, to get where I used to be, but maybe this is the fun part - to have a dream, and to work hard for it.

So I wanted to share this with you my friends, and to know your thoughts.
    I want this again:
    [video=youtube;XdL7fdfIYv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdL7fdfIYv0[/video]

2. ChTBoner

ChTBoner

[​IMG]

That's great pal! Nice to see you made an important decision,

It was sad a gifted player like you was not making music! I wish the best for you and your family!

3. siderocks

siderocks Fatass

Man that's great! Just follow your dreams, the happiness will reflect to your son as well.

4. Augie

Augie The Desert Bass-ape

A happy father is the first step to a happy son. If you share what makes you happy with your family i cannot see how this could ever lead to unhappiness.

5. DiMarco

DiMarco nutcase Good Vibe Sponsor

Everything that happens in your life has a purpose. If you would have kept on playing you would probably now look at gigging with different eyes.
    Because the journey is not predictable, life can be such a blast.

So Florin, pick up your weapon of choice and start killing riffs already! ;)

6. JanVanHove

JanVanHove Artist

Glad to read that you have decided to follow your dreams, and in good part because you want to be a good role model for Luca!

You certainly are a model for me, dear friend!

7. Nachobassman

Nachobassman Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!

I´ve been trough a similar situation.

When I moved from Venezuela to Spain in 2007, I wasn´t only moving to another country 7000 Km away, I was leaving behind a band that I founded and that was my musical life for the past 8 years. Then, time passed out and I found myself beeing musicaly inactive for almost 2 years, and starting to be into a big state of depression, until I realized that my body and my mind needed to play music again. Covers, originals, no matter what, I needed to be in the same room with other musicians and shared that magic.

I can´t agree more with Augie: "A happy father is the first step to a happy son", and let me add: and a happy family.

Go out and play.

"Life without music would be a mistake". Nietzsche.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2011
  8. Stroud

Stroud

Woo this is good news Florin!!! It was competly understandable why you left Proconsul....but didn't make it any less surprising for everyone. Good to see you back where you belong :D

Race you to the next platinum record hehe ;p

9. The ShadowKnight

The ShadowKnight

All the best to you and your musical endavours...the guys are right, if it makes you happy, your family will enjoy it as well :)

Now get that Xbass out and rock ;)

10. Kisu

Kisu

I'm sure you made the right decision !

Music playing father is every boy's dream :)
    At least I would have been so proud and happy if my father had used his great piano and guitar playing talent more than he used

11. Ian

Ian The Undecided Frog

Follow your passion, bro !

12. mart

mart

I have no great suggestions to contribute, but I think Augie is 100% right here:
    But, whatever you end up trying to do, you know you've got a lot of buddies here who will support you, and who really want to see you succeed! :d

13. UK Ken

UK Ken

Hey Flo,

I think being happy in life is a top priority, and now that you can see your wife and son are happy you can relax a bit and do more of what make you happy- Jamming 8:

My wife and I are planning a new life in our pursuit for happiness. It seems exciting end scary at the same time, but hopefully a change of scenery with careers to match will do the trick for us :d.

Best of luck for you and the family.

14. Florin

What are your plans Ken? :)

15. David

David

Go for music, go for hapiness Flo! You can only succed in, again :)

16. ubo

ubo

I admire your strength in choosing the "right" path and for following your heart. Wish you all the best to you and your family.

17. Charmand G

Charmand G

Stepping out of the comfort-zone and on to new tracks is bold, but sometimes, following your own footsteps back and realizing that you left something that you initially loved, takes even greater courage.

I wish you all the best in your process, and good luck to your wife in her new job.

18. Eberbachl

Eberbachl

Good luck Florin! I wish all the very best happiness for your family!

:d

19. Florin

Thanks Luke, and good to see you back in the Cafe :)

20. Eberbachl

Eberbachl

Thanks Florin ;) I haven't been around much, but I've been here in spirit. I've barely been playing bass - just helping out my friend in his Church band, which is nice.

I've been horrendously sick with tonsillitis for the last couple of weeks, but I'm not too bad now :d

And I had a job interview yesterday, at which I was the successful candidate, so today I resigned from my job of ten and a half years to venture into the unknown in four week's time. It's terrifying and exciting at the same time.

It's all happening!

:d