New Framus Forum members, say Hello!

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Right! But undress them and they both will show the same... skills...

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Would a fair analogy be Gibson USA's Custom Shop line (e.g. Custom/Historic Les Pauls) vs. their core product line (e.g. Les Paul Standard)?

Welcome!
Yes, you could say that to a certain extent. Framus guitars are, imo, nicer though ;)

Reaction score
Welcome!
Yes, you could say that to a certain extent. Framus guitars are, imo, nicer though ;)

Yeah, the build quality of my GPS Panthera feels quite a bit nicer than any non-custom-shop Les Paul I've played. The fret finishing on the Panthera is particularly impressive, whereas with some cheaper Gibsons I've nearly gashed my hands on the fret ends.

Looking at Warwick's website, it appears that the CS guitar frets are Plekked *plus* hand-filed, whereas the GPS models are just Plekked (without any mention of hand-filing). Even still, the fret edges on mine are quite smooth.

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, the build quality of my GPS Panthera feels quite a bit nicer than any non-custom-shop Les Paul I've played. The fret finishing on the Panthera is particularly impressive, whereas with some cheaper Gibsons I've nearly gashed my hands on the fret ends.

Looking at Warwick's website, it appears that the CS guitar frets are Plekked *plus* hand-filed, whereas the GPS models are just Plekked (without any mention of hand-filing). Even still, the fret edges on mine are quite smooth.

My Renegade Pro is one of the "cheaper" Framus models, and it's perfect, not a single thing wrong with it.

Framus' quality is, in my opinion, second to none.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm Raffaele, Prof Psi from Poison Garden.

I've just recieved my Panthera Masterbuilt today, and it's the most awesome instrument I've ever played before.
Love it! Hope to meet you at the Bass Camp in september.

Ciao!

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Raffa. Pantheras are sexy guitars.
Sadly my fingers are like hammers so I better stick to playing bass haha.

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm Raffaele, Prof Psi from Poison Garden.

I've just recieved my Panthera Masterbuilt today, and it's the most awesome instrument I've ever played before.
Love it! Hope to meet you at the Bass Camp in september.

Ciao!

Welcome! you're very lucky, a Panthera is my dream guitar, so I am very jealous!

got any pictures of it, so we can all drool? :)

Reaction score
Of course! Someone took this photo with my phone today, during the shooting of some upcoming images and videos, in the studio with my band.

She's my baby. How cute is she? Sounds astonishing... I literally couldn't believe how loud is just grabbed and strummed. Can't wait to do upcoming gigs :)

(why I am awry?)

Attachments

• IMG_1238.jpg
    IMG_1238.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 314
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Of course! Someone took this photo with my phone today, during the shooting of some upcoming images and videos, in the studio with my band.

She's my baby. How cute is she? Sounds amazing... I literally couldn't believe how LOUD is just grabbed and strummed, without plugging amps or...... nothing :D I can't wait to play the upcoming gigs with her :) she deserves to be on stage!

Attachments

• IMG_1238.jpg
    IMG_1238.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 292
Last edited by a moderator:

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know why I can't add any picture in my replies?
:( :( :( :( :(

It is probably because you are new to the forum, so your account may have a few limitations.

@Florin: am I correct?

Reaction score
this is a photo that I took by myself while doing a video/photo shooting with my band... I'm not as good as I would with the photoshop, so contours are crappy xD sorry.

Anyway, she is my beauty. How cute is she? The first time I played her, I couldn't believe how much LOUD sounds this guitar, just grabbed and strummed without plugging any amps. Astonishing!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1061398626311.58944.1566307536&type=3&theater

Oh, wait. We have official ones... :D

http://www.warwickbass.com/en/Framu...ra-Supreme---16-3099--6-string--Pictures.html

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
this is a photo that I took by myself while doing a video/photo shooting with my band... I'm not as good as I would with the photoshop, so contours are crappy xD sorry.

Anyway, she is my beauty. How cute is she? The first time I played her, I couldn't believe how much LOUD sounds this guitar, just grabbed and strummed without plugging any amps. Astonishing!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1061398626311.58944.1566307536&type=3&theater

Oh, wait. We have official ones... :D

http://www.warwickbass.com/en/Framu...ra-Supreme---16-3099--6-string--Pictures.html

Cute? CUTE!?

She's Gorgeous!!

8:

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This is the place to meet and say "Hello"

I am Florin, the Forum Admin, (it rhymes )

Welcome to the forum :)

Hello good people of the forum. I joined with you as I am in need of help. I am the new owner of my second Framus guitar, (first being a 1974 S360), a 1997 Panthera Custom Shop. My problem is that the Framus branded vibrato system is isolated. To de=isolate, I need an under arm compression spring. I have contacted Framus, who stated that they do not recognise or have records of any systems prior to 2000, suggesting i went to Bigsby. This I did, but to no avail.
Can anyone of you good people identify the makers of the vibrato system, and if possible tell me who to contact to buy parts. I would be most grateful. Pics below:

IMG_20160815_141627969_edited.jpg
IMG_20160815_141559224.jpg

Welcome to the forum :)[/QUOTE]
Hi Guys,

This is the place to meet and say "Hello"

I am Florin, the Forum Admin, (it rhymes )

Welcome to the forum :)

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, that´s a beautiful Panthera, congrats.

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Like Nacho said, that is one BEAUTIFUL guitar!

Frankly, if it's already stock, I wouldn't play around with it. It's already a classic and will only go up in worth in the future. Keep it stock, please! :)

On that note, knowing the Germans, they probably had it made themselves, rather than outsourcing to someone else. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen a similiar system from Bigsby.

In any case, enjoy your guitar!

Cheers,
H

Reaction score
Welcome!

Like Nacho said, that is one BEAUTIFUL guitar!

Frankly, if it's already stock, I wouldn't play around with it. It's already a classic and will only go up in worth in the future. Keep it stock, please! :)

On that note, knowing the Germans, they probably had it made themselves, rather than outsourcing to someone else. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen a similiar system from Bigsby.

In any case, enjoy your guitar!

Cheers,
H
Hi
As you said, I want to keep it stock, but to get it to factory original, I need the correct Framus vibrato spring!!! Not a clue where to get it?
Thanks.

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi
As you said, I want to keep it stock, but to get it to factory original, I need the correct Framus vibrato spring!!! Not a clue where to get it?
Thanks.

Hmm.. Any chance you could take it to a guitar tech that knows those type of vibratos, who could maybe adapt one from a Bigsby or other maker with a similar system?

Sorry I can't help more...

Reaction score
Real Name
Tobi Born
Hi everyone! No idea if this forum is still active... I´m a Framus-Player since 2012 and play two Diablos ( one masterbuilt supreme X and one teambuilt ), and also Framus-acoustics ( Legacy Jumbo and FD-28 ).

Top Bottom