Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

New Bridges 5 String ( Brass ) Will They Fit A 99'?

Discussion in 'Non - Official Warwick Customer Support' started by CeeJ, Aug 17, 2020.

1. CeeJ

CeeJ

As the Title States...

I have a 1999 5 String ( Standard Spacing ) and I want to replace it with a NEW BRASS 5 String Standard from the Warwick Shop Online...

I'm going to call in the wizards if I have to... but, I thought I would post the question up here before I call them and also before just ordering.

It would suck to put the order in only to find out once it gets here that it doesn't fit...

Solid knowledge only please and Thank You in Advance!!

Kindly,
    -CeeJ

2. Hoggles

Hoggles Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

Hopefully this qualifies as solid knowledge, as I've done it with my Streamette ('01)... albeit a 4 string.

The new brass bridges have a slightly larger footprint than the cast ones from that time period. I had to shave both the bridge & tailpiece cavities just a little bit, and it was still a tight fit (sandpaper on a rod did the trick). It could very well be a bit tricky to get em' out if ever needed, but I'm glad I did it.

@schlobodan I recall you also installed a brass set on the Streamette you sold a while back. Same experience? Brass a bit bigger? Any idea if the 5's would be the same?

3. CeeJ

CeeJ

Thanks Did the mounting plate holes line up?

4. Hoggles

Hoggles Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

Yes they did. At least it was close enough that I didn't notice any issue with tailpiece screws or the bridge plate bolts. YMMV.

RIP likes this.
  5. steembass

steembass

For the 4string "new brass" bridge I can confirm that! The bridge itself fitted "quite tight". For the tail piece I even needed to use a "routing machine" (Dremel)..;)
    The Warwick shop refers to this "issue":eek::
    Caution! It is possible that the bridge routing of your bass has to be slightly adapted for the new bridge to fit. We recommend this task to be executed by a professional guitar builder or workshop.

RIP likes this.