new bass cab

Reaction score
OK so i just won an auction on ebay for an old peavey black widow cab...bargain at £24!!

EXCEPT its pick up only and not from Southampton (fifteen minutes away!) as i thought before i won, but in flipping Kent....2 and a half hours away!!

Who knew there was more than one Hythe in England? :confused:

Reaction score
I used to play through a Black Widow 18" paired with a 2x10 and it was great.
Waaay too big to be useful for a long time, but sounded great.

good luck with the pickup...

Reaction score
cheers matey, this is a 15" 250 watt, im assuming it'll run fine with my wick 211 and my profet cab - both cabs are 8ohms and the head is 4ohms.

Reaction score
As i hate talkbass, some people on it do have some sense, and evrey time mixing cabs come up they say phasing will happen, infact even when you mix different speakers you will get phasing. Now im really into sound you could say, and have started making my own cabs, but ive no idea were they get it from. But if it doesnt sound good this is probably your problem.

Reaction score
Cool, well i picked up the cab today but i don't yet have enough leads to hook everything up, soon as i do i will experiment and let you all know if i get any phasing

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
Good luck with the new cab. I remember Black Widows from back in the day and they were great sounding speakers. Not going to be as clean and punchy as some of todays top end speakers, but it should still have a great bottom end and serve you well. I think its a great find and think you will be happy with it. Especially for the money you paid for it.

Reaction score
If you want something cleaner the eminence delta pro has pretty much the same specs. Or the fane 15-425 there both very clean speakers.

Reaction score
I hate BW cabs, one I had was a POS. I'll not buy another.

Top Bottom