Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Need help !!! (Streamer LX Custom)

Discussion in 'Warwick - Custom Shop' started by WW_Thai_bassist, Aug 23, 2007.

1. WW_Thai_bassist

WW_Thai_bassist

Hi guys, i'm new in this warwick forum and i have some question

Since i live in Thailand and not many people know much about tonewood, i'd like to ask about this ww custom shop spec that i came up with

Streamer lx bn 5
    sandwich body swrily bubinga top and swamp ash
    flame maple neck with maple fingerboard
    MEC soapbar PU and 3 band eq
    gold hardware with matching headstock

i wanna know what it'd sound like, i have some knowledge about tonewood but this is a bit out of my imagination, i do play alot of funk rock, and slapping, would the wood fit my style?

also for the swirly bubinga, i don't want the wood to be in the perfect lined up bi-color, but i want it mixed but with the blonde more than the reddish, can i ask the custom shop to do that? :?: :?: :?:

PS i'm using Streamer Stage I 5 string, WW ROCKS !!!

2. Goran

Goran

Don't know for the sound of it but for versatility of it maybe you should considered ovangkol or wenge for the neck wood...

Either way with that configuration of the wood you're certainly going to get unique sound...that favorite Wick's growl will probably be moved into different freq. duo to the maple neck and fretboard...

I am no expert at it but from my experience I think it'll sound like Miller's bass with cyrstal and focused highs...

If you're going for bubinga pom. top only for looks maybe you should considerate only top bubinga pomelle not sandwich construction...that will definitely enhance that sound even more.

But with that configuration of the wood your bass will lack in middle freq. especially when you dial in just bridge pick up to get that Jaco sound...

P.S. Maybe is sandwich construction with bubinga smart choice to composite for middle freq.