Need help how to clean maple wood

Reaction score
I need some help, I got a Streamer 1990 and I has some areas that the wood is darker because the dirt, does anyone can give tips on how to clean this bass? also it has golden hardwear, what should i used to clean them without faing the color?

Reaction score
Any guitar polish will do the trick Otto.

Reaction score
so with just the guitar cleaner and a rag that's it? what kind do you recomend

Reaction score
I'm not really very familiar with any particular brand mate,I think Dunlop make a cleaner for satin &/or nitro-cellulose finishes.Ask at your local guitar store what they reccomend to clean & polish a high polish satin finish with & you should be sweet.
Dont expect it to fully clean it back to what it was like when it was brand new.Maple tends to fade as it ages & sometimes becomes a bit creamier in tone.I think this sort of aging looks great compared to the brightness of a new instrument.
Good luck Otto & congrats on the new SS1.They're an awesome bass.

Reaction score
Greg let me see if got this right, the maple have a satin finish?, so if this is true then no wax is requiered correct?

Reaction score
It doesn't need wax. I waxed it and it took a lot of time to get it all off, and I finally realized it's a satin finish. just keep it wiped with a shammy cloth or something similar.

Some spots on the body are darker simply because of age. It's a cool bass,
I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I can't get on with the wide neck, but it's a great bass.

I also really think the bass sounds better in passive mode. More natural sounding.

Reaction score
That is good that it doesn't need wax. Do you used any guitar cleaner? and if you do what kind. I should be getting the bass tomorrow.

Reaction score
otto07 said:
Do you used any guitar cleaner? and if you do what kind.

I've been using Alembic guitar cleaner for the last 12 years. A little goes a long way. I'm still on my original bottle. Good stuff!

Reaction score
sjw1971 said:
otto07 said:
Do you used any guitar cleaner? and if you do what kind.

I've been using Alembic guitar cleaner for the last 12 years. A little goes a long way. I'm still on my original bottle. Good stuff!

Wow how big is that bottle??

Reaction score
were did you get that oil?, the only store that I have close to me is Guitar center, and about 1hr & 20 min I have Bass Emporium in austing TX. but that is a long drive just to get that oil.

Top Bottom