Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Need help chosing new amp..

Discussion in 'Bass Amps & Cabinets' started by SS4Luck, Jul 28, 2006.

Tags:
?

Which Amp...

1. Warwick CL combo

100.0%
  2. Warwick half stack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other...please state

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SS4Luck

SS4Luck

So my old amp (not worth mentioning as it was a disgrace to my beautiful bass) recently blew up, litteraly...

So im now in the market for a new amp

i was looking around and i saw that i could get the 250 watt 15" CL combo for like $800 I believe... i was wondering if i should get that or should save and get a 4x10 cab with a 400-600 watt head of course both being Warwicks (head and cab)

i dont play large stages by anyt means, but my guitarist got teh crazy idea to get a 350 watt 4x10 Marshall and i dont want his sound to just completely outdo me...

what would you guys reccomend?

2. odominguez

odominguez Guest

Personally I think the combo would be best, considering how easy it is to move around compared to a half or full stack.

3. SS4Luck

SS4Luck

yea i was going to lean toward the combo too, for money reasons and size reasons and portablility, but i have 0 experiance with anymore more than a 10" combo so i was coming to you guys for advice thanks

4. mala

mala

Personally I would try to get a 410 and a suitable amp, I think the response and the punch is so much better, even though the placec you play at are not that big. Get some rodies to carry your stuff :wink:

5. jay

jay

I may also just replace mine with a better combo. As far as a single combo amp whats better, 1 big speaker or like 4 10"s?

6. mala

mala

Hi Jay, I would always chose a 210 or 410 instead of one bigger speaker, or a Phil Jones Suitcase with 5" speakers, that one can blow your head off

7. pete3363

pete3363

Hi, I play a Corvette Proline 5 string and I use the Ashdown mini speakers 1 x 15 & 4 x 8 with an Ashdown ABM evo II head. This is truly a great sound, very loud and is extremely portable. You should give a try you'll be impressed + you have a DI out if you want to go into a big rig.

8. anarchyok

anarchyok

My vote goes towards a head and 4x10 set up.... I've been very pleased with the Eden Nemesis NA650 and NSP 410 which is affordably priced.

9. I-play-bass

I-play-bass

Get a very large rig, make your guitarist whimper in fear! Madison 8x10 and an Ampeg SVT-3 PRO. Now THAT'S power.

10. jay

jay

If a combo suits your needs, definitely get a combo. An all in one package is very convenient...

11. Tidasu

Tidasu

Where you get it???

12. odominguez

odominguez Guest

If you are within the USA, please go to www.danabgoods.com and use their online tool to search for dealers close to your ZIP code. If you can't find one, feel free to contact them directly so that they could tell you where is the best option for you to get the amplifier you are looking for.