Need Help! Any ventilation/ HVAC experts here? Building a small studio :)

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am building another controlroom and a small live room. They will be airtight, and I will need good ventilation, but I don't have enough money to invest in a full HVAC system.
Here is a crazy plan I have, let me know if it will work :)
I have a small room I am going to use as storage, and I am thinking to install a simple split AC there. Also to eave an opening large enough to always have fresh air inside. And to install a ventilation system, to take the air from that room and move it to the studio.

Helph!
Flo

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hehe!
Thanks Marco, I built those snakes before, and it was OK. It was not enough air though :)
Look, my budget is tight, and I am hoping to be able to do this by installing a 12000 BTU AC in a room, and a ventilation system to bring the cold and hopefully fresh air to other 2 rooms.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
You need the air to circulate. What you could do is blow (cooled/regular) air through a two headed snake into the room near the ceiling and let it leave the room through another snake which is hooked up to grilles near the floor. The guy in the video only built half the solution. The problem is keeping it semi-soundproof - that's hopefully what the snakes will accomplish.

Great FB post with Ravi btw bro. Lovely.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Thanks Marco! I did the snake boxes before, they are incredibly silent when done correctly. I think the admission should be down and the evacuation up, since the warm stinky air will go up :)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
But the cooled air will drop down. Maybe both adm and evac up then?

Florin

OG
Reaction score
The cooled air is OK to be down, because it is fresh. Normally it will push the warm and stinky air up.I need the stinky air to go up :)
I hope I understand the fluid mechanics well...

Top Bottom