Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

need a new amp setup

Discussion in 'Maddrakkett's Caffe' started by maggot, Feb 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. maggot

maggot

for the past 7 months, i've been using a peavey tnt 115 as my main gigging amp, and it sounds great, but lugging that 90 lb. "bookshelf" (as my band dubbed it) around its getting to be a killer, espeically up and down tight stairways.

now i dont mind the weight at all, its the just pure bulk and lack of handles thing that bothers me, so i'm looking to upgrade to a head and cab setup.

i play in a metal band, but i'm a huge fan of warm, well-rounded tone. i love my peavey to death... but i'm open to other brands.

to clear it, i'm not a ampeg fan, their sound just doesnt impress me at all.

so far, i've asked on another forum and got some good leads, but one can never have too much info.

i have 700 to kick around, and i'm looking for something between 250 and 350w, preferrably all tube. i've had the mesa boogie 400+ mentioned, thus far, as well as a ashdown head. do you guys have any other ideas?

2. Charmand G

Charmand G

I`m not sure if 700 is enough where you live, but I will always recommend Ashdown to metal. My best experiences onstage so far have been with this brand (above SWR and Trace Elliot), especially with distortion in the picture. ABM EVO II-valve amps and MAG EVO II-combos is the s*it.

3. Michael J

Michael J

Metal eh?

Hmmm...

Try Warwicks, GK, Ashdown, Trace Elliot, SWR, Mesa, Eden and Glockenklang.

Im really impressed with Glockenklang....