Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

My ovangkol tree...

Discussion in 'Maddrakkett's Caffe' started by Casey, Nov 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Casey

Casey Guest

More pictures from another show in Portland... This one at the Blue Parrot.

Why the subject name? Look at how big the bass is! Espically on me! :p

And yes I'm wearing the Warwick shirt yet again... I'm attempting to get an endorsement by Warwick so the shirt will be worn at every show...We will also be playing at Burning Man '08 in Nevada... So if any of you can make it be sure to come out and see us! We'll have a big Warwick get togethor out in the middle of the desert!

And I REALLY want to announce the big show that will be happening in NY... But I wont until I get the exact date on it :D

So here are the pictures from the show...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Casey

Casey Guest

And a couple of more...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And my wife over to the right of the picture wearing the little black whatever you call it...
    [​IMG]

3. ALB

ALB Guest

Cool Bro, but one quick question.... why is your rig sitting in the middle of the stage right in front of the drummer? I'm pretty sure that beast could be heard no matter where you put it. :twisted:

4. Casey

Casey Guest

The stage was so tiny we were actually standing on the floor :p

I have a weird stage layout... The guitarists do the vocals as well and I'm in the middle/front of everything... My bass rig is usually next to the drummer on the right side... But the stage was REALLY small..

Plus being up front in middle is nice for when I do my solo...

That show wasn't too bad.. Although I don't think I'd want to do another one there. The PA system was HORRIBLE! I couldn't hear the vocals at all and could barely hear the rythm guitar.

But I'm really happy with the pictures... I think I should have kept my goatee though :p

5. JanVanHove

JanVanHove Artist

you certainly pack a lot of amps and cabs in your band for such a small venue! Half those cabs could have been enough, and you'd have had room to move around a little bit...

Just sayin'...

That bass still looks nice, though! :)
    And you're giving me GAS for a Markbass rig...

6. Indianerdaniel

Indianerdaniel

+1 fair point - but it's not the rockstar way :lol:

7. saxonbass

saxonbass

Casey... you just wouldn't look right if you didn't have that enormous ovangkol log strapped over your shoulders! :D

By the way... I have you to thank for really getting me back into using my Mark Bass amp again... even though it's only a 12" combo (when I don't use the extension cab). Think I'll have to take a photo of our stage set-up just for a laugh... looks very silly to have a tiny yellow cab sat between two Marshall half-stacks (definitely not the rock star way!)... but the sound is enormous and the bass "presence" is just everywhere!

... and grow the goatee!

8. Casey

Casey Guest

Yeah, I didn't feel right having just the half-stack with the 2 HUGE Marshalls next to me :p

The goatee kept catching food! :p So I got rid of it and am growing out the sideburns and figure I wont cut my hair any time soon :p

Warwick + Markbass = Sweeeet setup :D

9. Solid Snake

Solid Snake

nice pics. those pics really make me want to get a six string thumb bass. have you always played a 6 string? if not, how long did it take you to get used to it?

10. Vinnie

Vinnie

Haha Casey, everytime I see your bass now I think, woah that thing really is a tree. ITS HUGE!! :twisted:

11. Casey

Casey Guest

I started out on a 5 string, Converted it to a 4 string fretless... Then went nuts and bought a 6 string :D

12. George S.O.T.E

George S.O.T.E

How many shows do you guys play a year? The 6 string looks sweet, i'd love one!
    George x

13. Casey

Casey Guest

We started playing in Oct of '07 and did about 8 or so shows through out the year... We're starting in again on the 20th this month and have 2 or 3 more lined up through March... We usually book a show a month or so before we play it, Sometimes even a week or 2 :p

So it all depends.

14. George S.O.T.E

George S.O.T.E

Sounds cool man, good luck with it :D

Do you have a myspace link to some of your music?
    George x

15. Garyg7133

Garyg7133

Your bass is amazing. It makes the venue look even smaller :p
    Great Pics !

16. Casey

Casey Guest

17. George S.O.T.E

George S.O.T.E

Sounds wicked man, look forward to hearing from your band when the recordings are done.
    George x

18. Doog

Doog

You know one of the first gigs we played had a stage approx 1/2 that size. After the gig the bar owner told our agent that we were great, but didn't have a lot of equipment. Maybe you do need those monster stacks to keep people happy.

19. Casey

Casey Guest

Yeah, All eyes tend to turn our way when we start setting up our gear... I guess theyre expecting something loud and heavy when they see 3 full stacks being setup :p

20. Doog

Doog

I've heard (only heard mind you) that a certain now very popular Canadian trio took a bunch of empty cabinets to really fill the stage and give the appearance of having monstrous amounts of gear while they played through a couple of small combos in their very early career.