My old CS Fortress, sell or keep?

Sell or keep?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this with you.

In '98 I bought this Fortress Custom, had EMGs (3-band EQ, 18 volts) and a Kahler trem installed at the Warwick factory. It's a Masterman, Ovangkol body and Wenge neck. Black hardware instead of gold. Huge soung, very easy to play. Had to save all my summerjob money as I was only 16 when I bought it. Cost an arm and a leg :D

Now I'm thinking about selling it, not sure. Might regret it later.

Pics:

-Jonah

P.S. I'm having some problems with the output jack, it's sealed and I think the only way to get it fixed is to buy a new one :(

Any suggestions? Or is a new output jack the only way to go? It's been bothering me for years.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Keep it my friend! This poll is for your wife or something?

You should change the input jack, is really easy.
And welcome to the forum :)

Reaction score
keep it...don´t sell it.
you said that you bougth it with 16teen from your summerjob money, so this bass is in your soul. This is a bass you will miss when it is sold :wink:

C

Casey

Jonah said:
Just thought I'd share this with you.

In '98 I bought this Fortress Custom, had EMGs (3-band EQ, 18 volts) and a Kahler trem installed at the Warwick factory. It's a Masterman, Ovangkol body and Wenge neck. Black hardware instead of gold. Huge soung, very easy to play. Had to save all my summerjob money as I was only 16 when I bought it. Cost an arm and a leg :D

Now I'm thinking about selling it, not sure. Might regret it later.

Pics:

-Jonah

P.S. I'm having some problems with the output jack, it's sealed and I think the only way to get it fixed is to buy a new one :(

Any suggestions? Or is a new output jack the only way to go? It's been bothering me for years.

I remember seeing this on the talkbass forum and was drooling over it ever since... KEEP IT! this totally reminds me of les claypools walnut 4 string with the tremolo :)

Reaction score
thumbin said:
I remember seeing this on the talkbass forum and was drooling over it ever since... KEEP IT! this totally reminds me of les claypools walnut 4 string with the tremolo :)

This is my another bass, I'd say it reminds me more of Claypools bass... :D

But you guys are probably right. I should keep it, even though it won't be played nearly as much as it used to. It has a wonderful sound, perfect for recording.

-Jonah

C

Casey

oooo very nice :D

I'm a big fan of the carl thompson basses and ones styled like it :)

Reaction score
KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP,

I wrote it somewhere else: ONE OF A KIND; YOU CANNOT GET THAT BASS ANYMORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT EVEN FROM CS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Reaction score
EMG - trem combo... def claypool ... and yes you should keep it.

Reaction score
So, I decided to keep the bass. Fortresses are becoming increasingly rare and I've yet to see another custom Fortress. I ordered a wall hanger, so it will rest on the wall. If I'm ever going to a recording session again, I'l think that I'll bring this bass :)

The tone is so good.

-Jonah

Reaction score
I say keep all your basses - I wish I would still have my generic Fender Squire II precision bass as it was my first - Have all the others though

C

Casey

I wish I still had my old washburn fretless... That bass sounded awesome... And I modded it like crazy. I destroyed it though... I dont know why...

Reaction score
thumbin said:
I wish I still had my old washburn fretless... That bass sounded awesome... And I modded it like crazy. I destroyed it though... I dont know why...

Destroyed ??

As in slamming it in pieces ?? :shock:

Top Bottom