Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

My New Amp Challenge...

Discussion in 'Maddrakkett's Caffe' started by Tv IV Dogs, May 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Tv IV Dogs

Tv IV Dogs

Heya Guys

Man...I've been chilling out in front of my computer for days now...I've never been known to work tremendously hard at my studies, but I've finally got an incentive to crunch down, and its really happening! I'm pretty damn excited foor this...so I thought I'd share it with you all...

Old Mutual (South African Insurance giant) has offerred R30K (about $4-5000) as prize money for an Economics essay competition for all 3rd Year Economics students at the major SA universities, and I'm DETERMINED to win it! I've made a deal with myself that if I do win (i'll only find out at next years national budget speech in March), I'll be packing on a new stack amp... ;)

So, yeah, I might be a little scarce over the next 2 weeks (16 May is submission day) whilst I work on this...wish me luck!!! Also got loads of band-related work to do, as we're playing a very different jazz themed gig on friday, and we've been hard at work 'jazzing' the funk up!

The topic is the relationship between the size of government and economic growth, with special reference to the SA economy. Don't suppose anyone has any excellent insights to this? :p

I'll see you guys in a while!

2. Charmand G

Charmand G

Good luck, mister!! Let us know how everything goes.

3. maddrakkett

maddrakkett R.I.P.

I don't have any insights into SA economy, government, etc., but you got my prayers and support for sure.

Since you've got your mind set on the task and even have an incentive along with your goal, you've already conquered half the battle! :D

You'll do well, and no matter the outcome, you will have accomplished something of great value in your own life and education. Now, let's see if someone can chime in here with some help for this good man... He's got a killer bass and a killer band - let's help him get a killer amp as well!

4. Gerry

Gerry

Good luck with the project and please let us know when the band stuff is ready!

5. Benjamin

Benjamin

Good luck! Stay off the grass while working, eh? :p

6. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

Best of luck mate.

7. Tv IV Dogs

Tv IV Dogs

Thanks guys!

I got my first draft back and marked....88%! (South African educational system marks differently from a lot of countries...an A is 80, A+ is 85....90 and over is almost unheard of). I lost 10% for being over the word limit though...

Anyhow, I'm riding a mad voluntary-work wave at the moment....managed to drag myself out of bed at 8 this morning to get cracking on some more reading and research....hughly unusual!!!

And thanks for the tip Benjamin....I've actually kicked it already, about a week ago. It's not a particularly frequent thing in my life (anymore), but it's always nice to give my brain a bit of a break, and it really does clear and sharpen things up!!!

I just got a fixed mix of a new Tv IV Dogs track back....I'll upload it to the facebook page later today.

8. Andy V.

Andy V.

Wow!
    Congrats! :D

9. Tv IV Dogs

Tv IV Dogs

IT'S DONE!!!

IT'S FINISHED!!!

IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just put the final touches on my essay. Literally. I'm sitting in the library at university, and waves of relief and elation are washing over me, filling me with feelings of hope and joy! what a feeling!...WHAT A FEELING!!!!

Just had to share with someone :)

I put more work into this essay than I've ever put into one before, and whilst I'm proud of the result, I really don't feel like it properly reflects the amount of research and work I've done. Ah well...

I'll gladly mail it to anyone wierd/bored enough to wanna read it...

10. Lewis

Lewis

good on you mate, whats it on?

11. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

Fingers crossed ya win Chris. :)

12. rusty

rusty Fatburger bassist

^^^+1 mate, best of luck! When will you know the results?

Cheers pal,
    Rusty

13. Tv IV Dogs

Tv IV Dogs

Hehe, its a long wait....the finalists are only announced in November, and the winner will only be chosen next feb.

The essay was about the proper role for Government in the economy, and a commentary on the size and role of the South African state.