My First New Bass In 2 Years

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I've been looking around for something on the budget end and came across this Rockbass for $450.00

My thought on getting this is to use it at some of the dive bars we play where things get kind of rowdy.....I honestly love those shows but am always a little nervous about taking some of my nicer gear

Having one before I always liked the way they played and sounded, so heck lets get another one

I did a couple mods, changing out the hardware to black and painting the back of the headstock to personalize it a little

Happy new bass day to me :)

Check it out

RB VI.jpg

RB IV.jpg

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Looks awesome, bro. Congrats!
Thanks Nacho!......yeah, I think the Rockbasses are one of the best budget basses you can get

Of course other's might have there own favorites, but this thing is going to work out really good for me!

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hi buddy, your bass looks awesome! And it is a great instrument, don't let the country of origin fool you :)

golem

Philosopher King
Reaction score
Hi buddy, your bass looks awesome! And it is a great instrument, don't let the country of origin fool you :)
Country of origin ... IIRC (correct me if needed) aren’t my wonderful Wicks made in the former GDR ? My career day job was photography, and back then you’d NEVER trust anything from there. Times do change !

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Country of origin ... IIRC (correct me if needed) aren’t my wonderful Wicks made in the former GDR ? My career day job was photography, and back then you’d NEVER trust anything from there. Times do change !
Not even a Volkswagen? :):)

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
So.....im taking the "personalization" thing to another level

Check it out......some pin strips and a band sticker

I'm going to make this the ultimate Hardcore Punk / Metal bass o_O

RB II.jpg

Last edited:

golem

Philosopher King
Reaction score
Not even a Volkswagen? :):)
IIRC Wolfsburg is in the Federal Republic ... although I think our most local source of VWs around here is in Tennessee.

Seems to me that the closest approximation of an actual real automobile ever produced in the GDR was the Trabant ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Warwick started close to Nuremberg/Franconia. This is where also Framus were manufactured. After reunification of the 2 Germanies, Warwick moved to Eastern part close to the Czech border.

Stainless

Guard of the Fortress
Reaction score
Warwick started close to Nuremberg/Franconia. This is where also Framus were manufactured. After reunification of the 2 Germanies, Warwick moved to Eastern part close to the Czech border.
Exactly, I marked the locations on the map :)
upload_2020-8-2_11-44-52.png

Seems to me that the closest approximation of an actual real automobile ever produced in the GDR was the Trabant ?
No this was the car for everyone in the GDR. The real automobile was the Wartburg, only for high ranked party members of the communist partys or generals.
It was called the Mercedes of East Germany.

golem

Philosopher King
Reaction score
Exactly, I marked the locations on the map :)
View attachment 21969

No this was the car for everyone in the GDR. The real automobile was the Wartburg, only for high ranked party members of the communist partys or generals.
It was called the Mercedes of East Germany.
Thank you. I’ll look up the Wartburg. I’m sooprized I’m unfamiliar, as I still have scars from crashing head on in a Borgward !

Top Bottom