My biggest show yet!

C

Casey

I found out that we're playing a show tomorrow... I found out about a week ago, But tonight I found out how many people will be there... They estimate between 600 and 1,000! They tell me this, The night before the show!

We're playing a HUGE block party for multiple buisness's in that area... It should be insane! From what I know, we will be playing outside during the day time on a nice sunny day (if the weather reporters are correct)

This will be my first daytime show, my first outside show, and my biggest show so far!

Now to go finish cleaning up my bass!

Reaction score
i have a feeling you'll be busy making sure all is right for the gig, especially after the OCD thread!

Sounds like a great time man. take some photos/video for us.

Now you'll get to turn up really loud.

:D

DIZ

Reaction score
Congrads!! Good luck and have fun at the monster gig man! :)

Reaction score
Yeah, definitely take some pictures. That would be awesome. Good luck man !!! :D

C

Casey

I'll try to get some video taken :)

It's a REALLY nice day out today... Which is surprising for Oregon weather :p Should be pretty insane to play to that many people... And in only a couple of hours :D

Lex

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
Casey said:
I'll try to get some video taken :)

It's a REALLY nice day out today... Which is surprising for Oregon weather :p Should be pretty insane to play to that many people... And in only a couple of hours :D

Have a great show Casey!

Reaction score
Have a great show!

Sounds like it'll be a blast - would love to see some video of it.

;)

C

Casey

Oh man the show was terrible!!!!

So to start off with we picked up an awesome new mixing board the day of the show and we didn't have enough time to figure the whole thing out. So it took us awhile to hook up the pa system at the show.

We finally got the pa setup, So the lead guitarist goes over and sets up his amp and powers it on... Just to have all the fuses blow out in it! Someone brings over another amp to use and the fuses blow out on that one as well! He also fryed 3 pedals.

2 hours later his brother returns with another one of his amps and after having to snoop out and fix the wiring problem that was causing the amps to blow we had it fixed...

The rhythm guitarist managed to ding up his explorer somewhow, the drummer broke all of his sticks... The sound was terrible and all the sound levels were off... And to top it off I had the flu.

This was our first outdoor show, which we hadn;t had time to prepare for. It was a real bummer. The crowd left... I was really hyped when we showed up because there was a pretty big crowd... But in the end we were left with a bunch of asses at the show pretty much. So it was pretty much a really crappy outdoor jam.

And our drummer dancing... Dont ask :p

Mr Praline

Forum Silly Person
Reaction score
Gotta ask this. Did you play on Friday or Saturday? Consider the date...

rusty

Fatburger bassist
Reaction score
bummer casey. we have all done gigs like that. As the blues brothers said,, "Next gig, its gunna be huge!!"

Cheers
Rusty

Reaction score
well that sucks. At least it makes some more experience for the next outdoor gig you'll get.

Reaction score
damn that blows, i've just got back from doing this mini electro experimental thing....so far each time we played something has gone wrong, this time the power amp blow in the bass amp and the guy controlling the drums/effects mixed up his cues....when the drum machine and samples need to be tight this f**ks up everything!

You have s**t gigs, and great ones, i feel for you though its not pleasant to go through it but its better to get the s**t ones out of the way karma dictates you'll have some amazing gigs i in the future!

Top Bottom