Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Musicstore and the 2010 Rockbasses

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by Darknives, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Darknives

Darknives

So, the thing is, (yep I'm still overly excited about getting my new rockbass like a little girl) Musicstore had, until recently, listed in their website, all the new rockbasses.
    I think some were already for sale but, the ones I'm awaiting, the Vampyre and the Alien, had expected arrival dates of 1, July.

Now they suddenly took all the new rockbasses out of their site and also suddenly, the old Vampyres are in stock again.. and ready to be sold.

So, what the hell happened? I think it makes sense that no old Rockbasses were still being produced, so no way to get a new stock when it was soldout. And why take all the 2010 rockbasses off the site?

I know this probably doesn't have anything to do with warwick but, if anyone knows anything, please inform me.
    My questions right now are, are these "old" vampyres actually the new ones? and maybe they just made the mistake of putting the old one's picture instead? (happy wishing lol)
    And if not, when are the new Rockbasses being released then?

2. Darknives

Darknives

Also related to this. Depending on the price difference, which will probably be up to 200 euros or more, would you advise me to get an old version, or the new? Is it worth the difference?

3. BassPlyr Randy

BassPlyr Randy Long Winded SOB

Well not having had the pleasure to play one of the new rockbasses yet, I would still think, just the addition of the 2 piece bridge like a real wick would make the price difference worth it.

4. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

I think you better ask them what is happening with their stock, we cannot know here...

One think I know - we were not happy with the QC, and the delivery of the new models will be delayed, at least on most part of the world.

5. james brunnning

james brunnning

i had a chance to play a new rb and it's preety cool the upgrades warwick did make the bass much then the older ones i think.

6. Darknives

Darknives

thanks everyone. just knowing some older models have had problems, and that I can't know when the one I'm buying was made, since I'm buying through the internet and can't check it physically, I'm again more inclined to waiting for the new ones.

Btw, Florin, with QC, do you mean quality check? And thanks for letting me know of the probable delay.
    And actually, I had already emailed musicstore, not sure they will answer though.
    Anyway, thanks everyone :)

7. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hi Nuno,

I don't know exactly what the problems are, and I'd hate to speculate... But I know we want to deliver the best basses possible for the money, and it seems we will have to wait a little bit longer for that.

8. Darknives

Darknives

Hey no problem, just hearing that makes me want to buy the new ones more :)