Machine Head Nylon Bushing

Rod

Reaction score
Hi there, brand new to the forum!

I recently bought a used 2007 Corvette $$ NT Bubinga. It needs a little bit of work like a proper setup. One thing I noticed is that several of the nylon bushings on the machine heads are split. I've attached a picture of the machine head.

I believe a previous owner reversed the metal washer at some point and given they are concave/convex depending on your point of view, they most likely split the washer apart. I've tried to source them from the local Warwick dealer with no success. These washers are 7mm outside diameter and 5 mm inside diameter.

IMG_0340.jpeg

Anybody know where I might find replacements?

Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers,
Rod

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score

I recently bought a used 2007 Corvette $$ NT Bubinga. It needs a little bit of work like a proper setup. One thing I noticed is that several of the nylon bushings on the machine heads are split. I've attached a picture of the machine head.

I believe a previous owner reversed the metal washer at some point and given they are concave/convex depending on your point of view, they most likely split the washer apart. I've tried to source them from the local Warwick dealer with no success. These washers are 7mm outside diameter and 5 mm inside diameter.

View attachment 19722

Cheers,
Rod
I'm not sure where you live, but I'd try a hardware store like Home Depot......I've bought small nylon bushings there before for other projects

Rod

Reaction score
I'm not sure where you live, but I'd try a hardware store like Home Depot......I've bought small nylon bushings there before for other projects

Haven't tried Home Depot but have been to Ottawa Fastener and a few others, no joy. Ottawa Fastener usually has better selection than the more common hardware stores. Thanks, I'll have a look and see if Home Depot has anything.

Reactions: RIP

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Look on McMaster.com hardware store on steroids

Welcome to the family

Reactions: RIP

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni

View attachment 19722

Cheers,
Rod

Hey Rod, welcome to the forum.

If you do find some of those, please let us know. I know I could use some of them as I have more than a few tuning keys sitting around without their plastic bushings. It will be a nice, once in a lifetime purchase. Cheers!

Rod

Reaction score
Haven't tried Home Depot but have been to Ottawa Fastener and a few others, no joy. Ottawa Fastener usually has better selection than the more common hardware stores. Thanks, I'll have a look and see if Home Depot has anything.

Checked Home Depot today. Canadian Tire as well. No Joy. Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Success. Finally found them. AllParts TK-7717-025. Plastic Bass Tuner Washers. Fit perfectly.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Good to hear! And thanks for sharing this info. It will save some people (if they manage to find the search function on the forum) the trouble.

Top Bottom