Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

LIL' HELP! - 2000 FNA Jazzman - 36th GC Anniversary

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by Drew Collins, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Drew Collins

Drew Collins

So I just bought this bass from ebay on a steal but I can't find any info (reviews/specs) anywhere. From the description it has a bubinga and swamp ash body, ovangkol neck and flamed maple fretboard.

As with most ebay purchases, Im nervous as hell.

Anyone know anything about this bass that can put me at ease?

2. FNA

FNA

Hi Drew. Congrats on the new bass, the bubinga and maple look beautiful. You probably did already, but If you search the web for '2000 FNA Jazzman - 36th GC Anniversary', you come up with a few hits like the one below:

http://forum.warwick.de/showthread.php/3919-What-do-I-have-here

I think this was your ebay purhase?

I looked up the S/N in the ebay picture on the Warwick website, and it says:

Serial number:
    G 076513-00

Article number:
    1244360003BZABUOWW

produced:
    2000-07-10

Description:
    Corvette Standard, 4-string
    Natural Oil finish
    Swamp Ash/ Bubinga top body
    Ovangkol neck
    Black hardware

You can also email Warwick directly - they might have more specific info on the electronics and such. I got detailed info on a 1998 bass that wasn't in their lookup tool.

I recently got a used standard '04 FNA Jazzman and I really like it so far. I've got DR Sunbeams on mine and I love the playability. My luthier said the ovankgol neck was badly dried out (though I couldn't tell), but he got it back in working order. I was worried initially, but after re-humidifying and setting it up properly, the ovankgol neck is pretty strong. You might want to have someone look yours over once you get it. In the last couple days mine's seen gigs in 70F air conditioning to 90+F heat outside and it has been very stable.

Mine also has a 3-way toggle switch for the MM pickup series/single/parallel. Don't know about yours, but my single coil J pickup picks up a lot of EMI hum (normal for that type). Pre is MEC (not the Seymour Duncan) and the Vol knob is push/pull for active/passive. I wonder if yours is similar. Let us know how you like it!

Enjoy!

3. broken thumb

broken thumb

Well...., as long as the neck is true, you should be in good shape. I remember playing one at the local GC when they were offered new. Definately a solid special-edition with the classic growl and the swamp ash-back eases the weight of the corvette design. I think you will be happy with your purchase as long as the bass is without issues.

Good luck,;)

4. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum, Drew :)

5. Drew Collins

Drew Collins

Thanks all. I'll report back with findings. Maybe I can get some sleep now.

6. Drew Collins

Drew Collins

Should I be worried that every pic Ive seen of this thing has a 3-piece neck and the one in the ebay posting doesn't appear to? Actually, a lot of the wood grain and detail seems to be a bit different. To my eye, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
  7. FNA

FNA

Huh, looks to me by the ebay pictures that it's a 3-piece ovankgol neck, as described elsewhere... I think you'll be OK. Again, try emailing Warwick directly - they've been helpful for me in the past. Cheers.

8. Drew Collins

Drew Collins

Im glad to hear you see 3-pieces. I was debating. Im just gonna wait until it's in hand and in ear before I lose any more sleep. I can't do anything about it while it's on a Fedex truck. This stress is undo.

Thanks for peaking at it for me. This is my 3rd Warwick (Streamer LX BO, Corvette $$), and the lack of info out there about this model was freaking me out.

But there ain't nothin' to worry about until there's something to worry about, right?

9. Augie

Augie The Desert Bass-ape

Def looks like a 3 peice neck. They can be hard to pick with ovangkol with similar grain,