Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Led Question

Discussion in 'Bass Pickups & Electronics' started by Garry Lindon, May 3, 2019.

1. Garry Lindon

Garry Lindon

Hi everyone. I just bought a custom shop Corvette $$ 5 string fretless bass. It’s my first Warwick so I’m still figuring it out lol Sorry for the noob question.

Apparently this bass has LEDs but I’m not sure how to get them working. I charged the USB battery and there is a 9v battery that isn’t connected to anything. Anyone have any ideas how I can get them working?

Thanks

2. ectoflanger

ectoflanger Supporting Member

Don't know about the LED's, but I believe the 9v is the spare in case the main battery runs down and you don't have time to charge. Check the accessory bag and make sure there's a wire adapter for the 9v. Florin Barbu or Jester should be able to steer you in the right direction regarding the LED function.

3. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

Do you have a switch for leds? Can you post a pic? Are you sure it has them? I think ecto is right, the 9v battery is backup for the accu, but I am not very familiar with the new models, never owned one.

4. Garry Lindon

Garry Lindon

5. ectoflanger

They are a luminescent/phosphorescent green material that glow in the dark. Not actually LED's-- they have to be exposed to light, then you can see them in a low light environment. I have a 2017 Custom Shop Thumb NT5 with the same type of side dots.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    jester likes this.
  6. ectoflanger

So you are the recent original owner? If so check to make sure you have the 9v battery adapter to plug in the electronics bay in case the built-in lithium ion one runs down during a gig-

Here is a pic of what came with mine- spare 9v battery and wire adapter on the left

Thumb NT 5 Spare Battery.jpg

Florin likes this.
  7. ectoflanger

I must admit that when I first saw your post, I though it might have been asking how to play Good Times, Bad Times or something else about John Paul Jones' technique or equipment.

Florin likes this.
  8. Garry Lindon

Garry Lindon

Lol could be the name of a bad tribute band.

Seriously, thanks for your clearing that up for me Ecto. The random battery thing was confusing me lol.

9. ectoflanger

Your welcome, I noted that my bass did not come with the official instruction manual, but it was pretty self-explanatory for the most part. So, did you find the battery adapter? With mine, the spare battery and adapter were in a ziplock bag. Since I was concerned about possible leakage over time, I replaced the Vinnic battery that came with the bass with an Energizer lithium 9 volt, which to my understanding, will not leak like the alkaline ones tend to do.

10. Garry Lindon

Garry Lindon

Yeah. The adapter was in the guitar but not connected to anything. I realize it’s just a backup and not for LEDs as my friend suggested. The USB two battery thing is pretty unusual. I’ve just taken it out for now. I’m going to put a fresh battery in there. My bass has been sitting in the shop for 2 years so it could probably do with it lol.

Florin likes this.
  11. ectoflanger

Mine being a Thumb NT unlined Fretless 5 had to be made to order and I waited about four months or more to get it, so the cords and battery wee in ziplock bags.

Anyhow, glad you got it sorted out. Have fun with your new bass !

12. eyvindwa

eyvindwa Supporting Member

Woah, awesome looking bass, man!

ectoflanger likes this.
  13. ectoflanger

Agreed!