Least favourite Warwick bass??

Reaction score
thumperton said:
Mr Rabble described the thumb best when he said,thumbs strength is its midrange,growl & bark like no other bass.
well said mate.

is that true for BO and NT both? if i was looking at a thumb it'd probably be bo just cuz it's a thousand dollars less expensive

Reaction score
I was just reffering to the thumb in general mate,I didn't think about that.I just share his opinion on it.But the bolt on & NT thumbs I found are 2 different animals in terms of sound,feel etc.I know it's near impossible to buy to a budget but you might find after price is forgotten,quality remains.To cut a long story short,proof is in the pudding.
Geez I'm philosphical for a Monday morning eh. :shock:

Reaction score
Lime said:
thumperton said:
Mr Rabble described the thumb best when he said,thumbs strength is its midrange,growl & bark like no other bass.
well said mate.

is that true for BO and NT both? if i was looking at a thumb it'd probably be bo just cuz it's a thousand dollars less expensive

The NT has a more "elegante" sound and the BO has a more "in your face" sound. thats just my two cents :)

I can get an AWESOME cruchy jazz sound out of my thumb. But, I have changed the electronics and pickups.

OBP 3band 18v

Nordstrand J5's (i had put in Bartolini's but they didnt sound right to me)

jay

Reaction score
Thunder_Fingers said:
Imo, the stryker looks a little different than the "regular" explorers, i know that Entwistle have that much credits for the stryker, but it seems like its a little rounder in the edges than the Explorers, im not a big fan of explorers, they are to squared of, whereas i feel the Stryker looks a little softer.

The Buzzard i can understand being in the Warwick line, since its co-designed with Wilfer, But the stryker have nothing to do with Warwick as far as i understand? does anybody have the knowledge of this?

I think even w/ softer edges, Warwick or Alembic, it still looks awful as a bass. It's up there w/ the Les Paul as a bass. It doesn't work for me as a bass...

Reaction score
jay said:
Thunder_Fingers said:
Imo, the stryker looks a little different than the "regular" explorers, i know that Entwistle have that much credits for the stryker, but it seems like its a little rounder in the edges than the Explorers, im not a big fan of explorers, they are to squared of, whereas i feel the Stryker looks a little softer.

The Buzzard i can understand being in the Warwick line, since its co-designed with Wilfer, But the stryker have nothing to do with Warwick as far as i understand? does anybody have the knowledge of this?

I think even w/ softer edges, Warwick or Alembic, it still looks awful as a bass. It's up there w/ the Les Paul as a bass. It doesn't work for me as a bass...

Try a Les Paul Triumph bass... I promise it's worth it if you can find one. Amazing stuff there.

jay

Reaction score
I'll keep an eye out. I'm guessing that's a vintage model? ...

Reaction score
katana

Sorry but im another one that cant stand the Katana, it made me hide under the bed!

Reaction score
I have to agree with marcbass, but I'd also add the Hofner "Beatle Bass" to his list! That bass is like throwing a rock to a drowning man!

Funny . . . look at the W headstock! Any resemblance?

Reaction score
Granted the Katana's an acquired taste, but it has a real, actual, honest neck pickup (unlike pretty much every other not $$ bass), so it's high in my book.

My least favourite Warwick is clearly the Hellborg signature. The look of it is a bit strange but it has the worst tone I've ever heard - it sounds like aliens gargling mouthwash. Although I'm sure a million people love it... I don't.

Also, the Jack Bruce CRB/Survivor made me raise an eyebrow... what do we have against well-balanced basses??? My Streamer was/were great, but the Katana and my old Corvette have a bit of a dip going (the Katana still does a little even with Hipshots), the Vampyre's pretty bad, and I'm one of those poor chaps who delusionally believes that the Thumb neck dives (cue the millions who think I'm crazy). In any event, the strap button spot of the Survivor/CRB looks even farther down the neck than the Thumb.

I saw a CS Infinity with a spalted maple top and a Wenge neck in high gloss and my god, is it ever beautiful.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I never thought about this much. Each model has its pros and cons I think.
Am not into goth stuff so the Vampire is a nono for me, to me its looks are over the top.
The upper horn on a Vette keeps me from wanting to try one, besides that I think vettes sound muffled.
I really dig the looks of Thumb NT, Streamers, Infinities and of course Dolphins.

But the one model I wouldn't want to be spotted with is the Fortress model... They're just so damn ugly.

StoneAje

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
I just don't like the odd looking ones ;) Katana, Styker and Vampyre.

Reaction score
Not crazy about the Rockbass line , but i didn t tried the new NT Streamer Rockbass, so I don t know about this bass

boston asphalt2

Official Forum Pain in the Ass
Reaction score
Am not into goth stuff so the Vampire is a nono for me, to me its looks are over the top.
The upper horn on a Vette keeps me from wanting to try one, besides that I think vettes sound muffled.
I really dig the looks of Thumb NT, Streamers, Infinities and of course Dolphins.

But the one model I wouldn't want to be spotted with is the Fortress model... They're just so damn ugly.

Fortress ugly?! Does not compute!

Reaction score
The upper horn on a Vette keeps me from wanting to try one...I really dig the looks of Thumb NT, Streamers, Infinities and of course Dolphins.

+1

siderocks

Fatass
Reaction score
Necrothread stylishly reincarnated :d

1. Buzzard (looks)
2. Streamer SSI (boring)

Reaction score
you take that back now! :D

the corvettes man hood is the thing that makes the corvette line the "daddy" of all the warwick models!

Irony-alert! I now own a beautiful RB Corvette Fretless, and love the looks. The body is very balanced and comfortable.

On the other hand, the violin-contours on the Vampyre gets more and more uncomfortable as I`m getting used the Spector LX- and Corvette-shape.
I`ll never sell the Vampyre, it is my "baby" after all, but it`ll be more for the special occasions.

StoneAje

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
i hate the dolphin..that looks like a hardcore slab of wood. Granted i play metal and alternative i just cant imagine looking good with one of those.

Have you ever heard of Meshuggah?
[video=youtube;XrNR76QwOjM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrNR76QwOjM&feature=g-hist&context=G2fcfc33AHT3jOrQAAAA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrNR76QwOjM&feature=g-hist&context=G2fcfc33AHT3jOrQAAAA[/video]
He has been using Dolphins for a long time and his recent custom shop one looks absolutely stunning!

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Talking about looks, the Katana wins in my "Not for me, sir" list, followed by the Reverso. I used to dislike the LOLphin´s look, but they are growing in me (I blame LeMarco en Augie for that ;)).

About the more "metal" looking ´wicks, I love the Strykers and the Vampyres, I even find the Buzzards cool. 8:

Top Bottom