Latitude Infinity-- For Those Who Don't Know Where It's At-

Reaction score
So to avoid littering-- the Forum that is, with various posts on creative projects, I thought I'd do a catch all thread-

Here's my first offering, a scene from the graphic short story Every Breath You Take, a tale about a CPR doll who develops sentience after receiving so many breaths of life. It is one of three sci-fi/horror stories from the Elsie the Bartender Tales anthology series volume Heartbreakers.

Written by myself and illustrated by Ryan Durney

Every Breath You Take_Dora.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Astrid promo pic 1 for the "Valhalla By Any Other Name" screenplay based on the comic. In the process of pricing and contracting color versions-

Illustration by bro and metalhead Garrett Gainey of Gainey Graphics.

Astrid Promo 1- Closeup.jpg
Astrid Promo 1-Ink.jpg

To you go an idea of the color scheme, this lovely redhead's mask will look something like this--

Venetian-Green.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here are a couple pages from the comic about a 7th century Viking outpost being preyed upon by an old adversary--

Bear with me-- higher resolution images are on the way-

Here you see her lurking in the foreground-

Valhalla Comic Page 1.jpeg

Then she makes her move-- a man's gotta be careful after drinking all that beer and mead!

Valhalla Page 5.jpeg

Reaction score
This seemed apropos-- being a Swedish band and all-- and those Vikings got their night rocked all right!! And there were plenty of thrills!

Reaction score
A couple of more scenes from "Valhalla"--

Odd reflecting on the fates of his companions-- a rough sketch soon to be finished--

Odd Flashback.jpg

Odd's encounter with Miss Astrid--

Odd Taken.jpg

Reaction score
Test sketches for the characters Lorna Doone and Tara Falcone from our sci-fi/horror comic Heartbreaker-- can you guess which of the two might be the femme fatale?

Heartbreaker_(CHAR_LORNA_DOONE_&_TARA_FALCONE)_TEST_SKETCHES____1D.png
Heartbreaker_(CHAR_LORNA_DOONE_&_TARA_FALCONE)_TEST_SKETCHES____2H.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
The color rendition of Astrid 'neath the night's aurorean mist--

Valhalla_Astrid Promo Color.jpeg

Reaction score
So, when I was young and impressionable there was this TV show called “The Paul Lynde Halloween Special” with this featured musical group- yeah it’s synced but cool nonetheless-

Reaction score
A few years later I was rather impressed by this performance of Herbie Hancock’s “Rocket” -

Watch the “robots” come to life- an amazing performance!

Reaction score
I admit I’m somewhat ashamed- but it’s a rocking version of a rocking song and
rather funny. So please avert your eyes after the first two thirds-

Reaction score
Yet another vid I saw young and impressionable - gotta love the groove, Townshend’s power chords, and Entwistle’s lovely coral Fendersplorer

Reaction score
These are the rough inks of the first two pages of four for the intro to our sci-fi/horror anthology Elsie the Bartender Tales: Heartbreakers.

Elsie is the hostess for this anthology and subsequent ones hence the introduction- She works at bar a called The Subterranean located in a space station orbiting a mining planet- it primarily caters to miners getting some R&R as the name implies. But there are others who are not miners who might also be considered "subterraneans" if you get my drift.

Elsie the Bartender Intro- Page 1.JPG

Here you see her helping a couple of regulars get a cab ride home-

Elsie Intro Page 2 Ink.JPG

In this page you get a shot of The Subterranean bar and its various denizens. The young downcast looking lad in the last frame will be regaled with three tales to give him different perspective on life--

Reaction score
Will probably segue all Harrington's View subsequent materials to this thread from now on-- so

Here's the first draft of a promotional flyer/webpage picture to promote the novel, and subsequent incarnations (screenplay or graphic stories).

Lenore HV Promo 2.png

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Hey, missed this. Nice creation.
I like the pitch of the CPR Doll coming to life.
Fun trivia - that might help in the creepy thing. The face of Resusci Anne, the CPR Doll widely ditributed, is based on a plaster cast of a 16yo -or-so girl, found dead in the Seine in Paris.
L'inconnue de la Seine was a mystery then, the mortuary attendant fell in love with the dead girl and had a plaster cast of her face. The copies sold all over Europe.
The story goes that "the most kissed lips in history of mankind" are based on a heartbroken girl that drowned herself.

Reaction score
Hey, missed this. Nice creation.
I like the pitch of the CPR Doll coming to life.
Fun trivia - that might help in the creepy thing. The face of Resusci Anne, the CPR Doll widely ditributed, is based on a plaster cast of a 16yo -or-so girl, found dead in the Seine in Paris.
L'inconnue de la S

Thank you for your interest and kind words-

I locked lips with Annie myself back in the late-80’s as part of a mandatory course while I was stationed in Bermuda.

Yes, and memories of that experience were the inspiration for the story.

But I assure you that in my case the relationship was strictly platonic- :D

Reaction score
So Heartbreaker, the longest story (clocking in at 40 pages) is finished. My buddy Garrett needs to finish the four page Elsie outro, then it’s a matter of Ryan, the other illustrator, to compile and format the material into a book.

All told it might be around 70 pages with a four page intro, a four page outro, and with a written prologue and epilogue.

We hope to have it published and printed by mid-April.

Here are the story teaser notes that will go on the back cover-

- A janitor makes an after hours fatal assumption

- An age old foe preys upon Vikings at a remote outpost

-A woman in the future finds out just how thorny romance can be

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another novel promo featuring the lovely and intelligent Lenore-- Here you see her response to Caleb's insistence that she's a mere AI construct, an avatar if you will, who's incapable of liking or caring for anyone--

Lenore HV Avatar Promo Resized Smaller.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction score
330588B5-AECD-4B47-ACB9-FB0019C50486.jpeg
So, one down and seven to go-

Replacing Niko’s eight old aluminum ports (four of which were fixed) with eight opening 316 stainless steel ones . A preliminary but necessary step before I bring my instruments out of storage to rehearse and record my music (the old ports were leaking rainwater).

Talk about a high-maintenance babe, but she’s one of my best friends and never complains about the volume (except for the occasional low-B).

Top Bottom