Latitude Infinity-- For Those Who Don't Know Where It's At-

Reaction score
Now it’s funny, but I admit to being disappointed about a friend not submitting a positive review of the first Heartbreakers copy sold on the Amazon site-

Well I saw him at the coffee shop tonight and he showed me this!

2625D233-21CD-47E1-A525-36DDAB0D651E.jpeg

A whole children’s book stuck inserted into the first third of the third story-

Ironic it being inserted right after a morgue scene with corpses on the slab-

876D80C4-53FD-400A-B300-70A029E0285E.jpeg
2B2793E1-7903-41F7-A71C-61DCEFE45E74.jpeg

Fortunately the one my buddy in Alaska ordered was fine-

Just trying to verify if Kimgee’s copy was ok-

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I recently ordered six author’s copies to verify things have been sorted out-

Would be hilarious if it happened in a film in one of those movies within a movie comedies-

You know the hapless first time indie filmmaker who tries to do the right thing-

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
Now it’s funny, but I admit to being disappointed about a friend not submitting a positive review of the first Heartbreakers copy sold on the Amazon site-

Well I saw him at the coffee shop tonight and he showed me this!

View attachment 25404

A whole children’s book stuck inserted into the first third of the third story-

Ironic it being inserted right after a morgue scene with corpses on the slab-

View attachment 25405 View attachment 25406

Fortunately the one my buddy in Alaska ordered was fine-

Just trying to verify if Kimgee’s copy was ok-
It's a great book, but I didn't get any bonus content with my copy. What a bummer man! ;)

Reaction score
With working titles "Sweet Dreams Lover" or "You Made the Grade" here you see a preliminary sketch of one Tara Falcone expressing her sincerest form of love with her ‘amore pugione’ during a moment of quality time with one of her mates to be. Never one for public displays of affection, she more than makes up for it in private-

Ain't romance grand?

Promo still for the "Heartbreaker" segment of the Elsie the Bartender Tales screenplay adapted from the Heartbreakers graphic sci-fi/horror anthology.

Artwork by metalhead and bro Garrett Gainey of #gaineygraphics -

Tara Falcone-Sweet Dreams.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
What happens when you suddenly get the bug to hash out bass lines on a Saturday night for two different songs (one Fretless five string jazz-inflected atmospheric rock, the other standard tuning drop D metal), with traveling and domestic basses on a boat.

I must admit the Aria Pro II’s less tense 32 inch scale has me spoiled and looks sexier. but her Steinie DB has an easier reach. Also I suppose the Steinie’s could double as oars, albeit heavy ones- ha!

IMG_5731.jpeg

Well- I was on break- time to get back to work!

Last edited:
Reaction score
As a follow up justification for the headless sisters-

It ain't fun negotiating these steps with a regular bass, even in a gig bag with these here steps and the mizzenmast and mainsheet tackle, the latter only 43 cm from the companionway at the top of the steps-

And as much as I love my Thumb NT5, I don't like carrying her over that threshold-

tempImageIyQzts.png

tempImagedlnJmt.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
For those from other countries who are interested the only way to find it in Amazon is under the Books category since it is new- general searches for the title will not give any returns-

Also keywords such as toxic redhead, noir redhead, dangerous redhead, dangerous blonde, and predatory women are more convenient and generally provide easy to find listings. This is because the title must be typed as “Heartbreakers: Volume: 01 or similar to get a result.

Heartbreakers may be found in France under “toxic redheads”.

Heartbreakers: Volume: 01 Amazon.fr - Heartbreakers: Volume: 01 - McCallum, Trevor, Durney, Ryan, Gainey, Garrett - Livres

May be found under “toxic redheads” in Germany-

Heartbreakers: Volume: 01 Heartbreakers: Volume: 01 : McCallum, Trevor, Durney, Ryan, Gainey, Garrett: Amazon.de: Bücher

Others giving returns under “toxic redheads in books-

Sweden

Heartbreakers: Volume: 01 Heartbreakers: Volume: 01 : McCallum, Trevor, Durney, Ryan, Gainey, Garrett: Amazon.se: Böcker

Italy

Heartbreakers: Volume: 01 Amazon.it: Heartbreakers: Volume: 01 - McCallum, Trevor, Durney, Ryan, Gainey, Garrett - Libri

Poland

Heartbreakers: Volume: 01 Heartbreakers: Volume: 01 : McCallum, Trevor, Durney, Ryan, Gainey, Garrett: Amazon.pl: Książki

Was unable to elicit returns from Brussels, Spain, or the Netherlands-

Well I suppose it’s a good start for any other of my Warwick bro’s who may be interested in checking it out-

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reaction score
What happens when you suddenly get the bug to hash out bass lines on a Saturday night for two different songs (one Fretless five string jazz-inflected atmospheric rock, the other standard tuning drop D metal), with traveling and domestic basses on a boat.

I must admit the Aria Pro II’s less tense 32 inch scale has me spoiled and looks sexier. but her Steinie DB has an easier reach. Also I suppose the Steinie’s could double as oars, albeit heavy ones- ha!

View attachment 25896

Well- I was on break- time to get back to work!

I really love these basses, and this image, but it would freak me out to bring them on a boat!

Reaction score
I really love these basses, and this image, but it would freak me out to bring them on a boat!
The 1985 Aria Pro II already had the requisite dings and scratches where the Explorer body styles tend to get them when I bought it. The others being compact and headless have thus far remain unscathed as has the Thumb NT5 Fretless residing up in the v-berth.

But there are some guitars which I have kept in storage until I once again take residence on land.

Reaction score
Installed a set of 8 string active EMG pickups 85-8XH AND 81-8XH (single coil neck, HB bridge) to replace the anemic stock passive pickups in my white Steinberger XT-25. Well, it looked good on paper and sounded reasonable in a phone conversation with an EMG tech, and doesn't look bad but.....

Steinberger XT-25 8's reduced.JPG

It doesn't sound like a bass- it sounds like a guitar tuned an octave down- at least going into my TC Electronic setup dry-

Perhaps I should do more extensive testing with time delay effects and overdrive and/or try it in a recording mix before nixing them for a set of white active EMG 35 Bass replacements (J-neck, HB-brdige) I have since purchased as a replacement- after all it's not like I don't have a plethora of traditional basses, including a black XT-25 in an active JJ configuration.

I might find a hidden advantage with the unique sonic aspects of this mod, though initially disappointing-

What say you, my Warwick bro's?

Reaction score
And a bass of an entirely different class-

Eva Karr-Bronck a bass that’s so special to me that she not only merited a name, but a double-barreled surname-

Here you see her receiving a much-needed transfusion after over a year of hibernation- too long to my shame.

IMG_5736.jpeg

I admit there was a bit of trepidation as to how well she would play, having been disused in a humid saltwater environment (though ameliorated by climate control) for all that time.

But she performed flawlessly in all respects as I once again put my nose to the honing and development of the bass line for Haphazard Minds.

Problem is the bass part keeps getting more complex as I develop it- hence the protracted time of composition-

Fortunately a drummer friend helped sort out that the vocal melody was in 4/4 time, albeit with an odd cadence where the accents are on the 'one-and' and the 'three-and' instead of the two and the four. This had previously led me to believe that the time signature was either 5/8 or 3/4. And I never could quite sync the bass to the XLN Audio Addictive Drums tracks I had configured in those time signatures..

I have to say that creating with Eva is like being in a dream.

But here she is, freshly rejuvenated and ready to go.

IMG_5737.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Eva does have a competitor- the Steinberger XL-25 Fretless - mainly because it’s lighter and compact, this easier to deploy and put away in close quarters.

This one’s like a high performance fighter jet . The action is low and it’s highly sensitive to finger movements owing to its supercharged active pickups-

But I’ll probably use Eva to record the tracks for Haphazard Minds, a song that I would describe as an atmospheric blend of rock with some elements of jazz.

IMG_4023.jpeg

Top Bottom