Katana NT anyone?

They are at similar prices, so which one?

• Katana NT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have recently been pining for an ovangkol bodied corvette $$, but I have come to realise that it's never gonna happen because I can't find somewhere to custom order from in the uk

But I have found a Katana NT at the uk Bass Centre for significantly LESS than the bolt on version in a sale. Has anyone had any experiences with the Katana NT that they would like to share with me before I decide... $$ bolt on, or Katana NT?

I'm looking for a really aggressive sound, harsh and growly, but the Thumb BO is way out of my price range

Reaction score
the more i keep looking at the katana, the more it is growing on me. that shape really ain't that bad looking after all...

Reaction score
Snooze said:
the more i keep looking at the katana, the more it is growing on me. that shape really ain't that bad looking after all...

Same... and that flamed maple top sure is delicious... Anyone know how it sounds?

Reaction score
i've only played one for short periods at a local store. but it's a really mean slapbass funk machine!

Reaction score
cheers :D Not sure if it will be right for my music style though. It would be used in a metal/post hardcore band (Think Fightstar, Killswitch Engage, Funeral For A Friend), and I don't know about using a funk suited instrument. I'm thinking vette...

Reaction score
tip: check out the british band Amplifier! one of my favorite post-rock/indie bands. their bassist is a warwick endorsee, playing Katana basses.

Reaction score
Metal/hardcore? I gotta vote for the $$. I don't have any real issues with the shape/look of the Katana either, but I'd want the SOUND of the $$ for that genre...

Reaction score
I voted the katana NT.

After seeing Katatonia's bassist playing his katana I can tell you easily that it can grind like nothing else I've heard in my life. The swamp ash back will give you a nice deep bottom and to maple top will give you the top end which is good is you're looking for a nice distorted sound.

jay

Reaction score
I voted $$ because I know it can give you that sound. I like the Katana NT looks, but I have never played one, or even seen one in person. I have a $$ and a metal sound is easy to get with it...

Reaction score
The Katana is a very clean, musical bass. The $$ is raunchy....in a great way. For your situation, $$ natural or Katana with effects.

Reaction score
I went for the double buck, as little as the Vette shape does for me, I really dislike the Katana. And the double buck rocks, as does ash!

maddrakkett

R.I.P.
Reaction score
I love my $$ ash BO and those two humbuckers can give you massive metal, but a maple NT is great for metal. And since Katana means sword, what better image for your musical style!

But I guess the bottom line is, you can't go wrong with either choice!

Reaction score
You know, the real solution here is to just get both! :D

You can't miss with a Warwick...

Reaction score
EVOLVEBASS said:
You know, the real solution here is to just get both! :D

You can't miss with a Warwick...

Amen to that brother.
Are ya feelin' the love?

Let me lay mah hands upon ya! Let me lay mah hands upon ya!

Reaction score
haha thanks guys :D I've yet to try one out so I shall go Katana NT hunting when I go to Denmark street in London next week! Thanks for the help

EDIT:

I just got a quote from my local Warwick dealer on how much that dream CS Ovangkol $$ vette would be... and it surprised me. It is actually within my price range :shock:

Top Bottom