Just-a-nut On A 2003 Corvette Standard Needs Shim.

tomb68

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real Name
Tom Baker
I order a Just-A-Nut for my Corvette Std to replace the JAN 2 and to my surprise it is wider than the JAN 2 and too short to function without a shim of some kind. It is the 38.5mm nut (I know you'll ask) and I'm wondering if older Warwicks (like my former 90 thumb) had thinner fingerboards. I'm also deliberation what to shim it with (brass or ebony) Has anyone else run into this? Should I have just ordered the JAN 3 brass? I like having a little more control over individual string height.

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
Who did you get the nut from? I replaced the synthetic nut on my 2012 Corvette with a brass one I ordered from Jon at the Nashville Showroom and it fit perfectly.

tomb68

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real Name
Tom Baker
Maybe you need a 36.5mm JAN3?
The JAN2 came in some different sizes then the original JAN.

WARWICK Just-A-Nut III - Brass / 4-string (36,50 mm), Fretted & Fretless (Right)

Individual string heights on a nut is pretty much an obsolete feature.

That is a JAN1. I didn't know that they still made them. They stopped using them in the late '90s I believe.

This is good info. I liked being able to tweak the height on my 90 Thumb but hey, it's not a necessity.

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
I recommend you call Jon at the Nashville Warwick Showroom at 615 730 6497 and tell him you need a brass Jan3 for your 2003 Corvette. Like I mentioned, I got one from them and it fit perfectly. It was about $90 as I recall and is very easy to adjust. That is definitely the place to get Warwick parts in the US.

Top Bottom