Isn't there a Folder that Comes with Warwicks?

Isa

Reaction score
I received my new Thumb BO 4 today; looks, plays and sounds great. But I thought that all new Warwicks came with a folder/accessories package (like a cordura folder) with the manual, trusrod, wax and strap locks packed neatly inside?

Reaction score
Did the case candy end up in the front pocket of the gig bag by any chance? That's usually where I find the goodies... Still haven't seen one of those folders yet either - maybe it's for Ltd's or CS basses???~M~

Reaction score
My vette came with the stuff you describe. Not the wax though, but mine doesn't need the waxing. Would have appreciated a tin for the neck though.

/Pat

Reaction score
It doesnt always work that way Mick.Things go astray between the distributor & the retailer.Not to worry,you do have a nice bass to play Isa.But you should've recieved a warranty card,wax,truss rod tool & allen keys.Get back onto your dealer & tell them they owe you.Enjoy your new Thumb btw mate.

Isa

Reaction score
I was looking at a STD Bubinga, locally, and it came with this package.

avionix543 said:
Did the case candy end up in the front pocket of the gig bag by any chance? That's usually where I find the goodies... Still haven't seen one of those folders yet either - maybe it's for Ltd's or CS basses???~M~

Isa

Reaction score
Thanks Thumperton,

Already sent an email off (shop is closed).

And not to worry, I'm going to be playing my Thumb Bo with an ear-to-ear shit eatin grin for months. :D

thumperton said:
It doesnt always work that way Mick.Things go astray between the distributor & the retailer.Not to worry,you do have a nice bass to play Isa.But you should've recieved a warranty card,wax,truss rod tool & allen keys.Get back onto your dealer & tell them they owe you.Enjoy your new Thumb btw mate.

Ian

The Undecided Frog
Reaction score
Scubadiver said:
My vette came with the stuff you describe. Not the wax though, but mine doesn't need the waxing. Would have appreciated a tin for the neck though.

/Pat

Same for me, for every point.

Isa

Reaction score
Good deal. Got an email back from Bass Central, and they'll be sending the package out tomorrow. :D

Good shop.

boston asphalt2

Official Forum Pain in the Ass
Reaction score
Isa said:
Good deal. Got an email back from Bass Central, and they'll be sending the package out tomorrow. :D

Good shop.

great guys there, they cant be topped.

Reaction score
Is it possible to buy such a folder? I have bought both my Warwick's second hand and have consequently never owned such a thing. Sounds :cool: though

Isa

Reaction score
You could always contact Bass Central; they've really been helpful with me. www.basscentral.com

bassoctopus said:
Is it possible to buy such a folder? I have bought both my Warwick's second hand and have consequently never owned such a thing. Sounds :cool: though

Reaction score
... and welcome to the Thumb BO4 club, Isa... when I'm not playing, I'm waxing... and when I'm not doing either, I just look at it!

Reaction score
bassoctopus said:

The important bits are the manual... which you can download from the Warwick site, and the truss-rod tool... don't know how you get one of those! The other bits you can get anyway... hex keys, wax, straplocks!

Reaction score
I shall use my Sound Control contacts to try and get hold of such a thing!

C

Casey

saxonbass said:
... and welcome to the Thumb BO4 club, Isa... when I'm not playing, I'm waxing... and when I'm not doing either, I just look at it!

sounds just like me... my wife is getting tired of all the attention my thumb is getting :p

Reaction score
bassoctopus said:
I shall use my Sound Control contacts to try and get hold of such a thing!

Saxon is right. The important stuff it the truss-rod tool. The rest you can find "anywhere".

My folder contained:
Truss-rod tool (cool, can be found in any tool shop though)
Polish rag (old t-shirt???)
Hex-keys for the bridge (standard stuff)
Strap-locks (good stuff!!!)
Manual (same as internet)
Warranty certificate

My didn't contain wax as my body doesn't require waxing.

If you're an organised person (unlike myself) and want to keep your stuff in certain places, then it's a very good tool or "organiser".

Finally ... it fits to the front pocket on the Rockbag Gigbag Premium like the hand in the glove. However, I'm not carrying it around. /Pat

Reaction score
I have a spare Warwick truss rod tool if anyone needs one,let me know your address & I'll post it.It's only in chrome though,sorry if it doesnt match your snazzy hardware. :p

Ian

The Undecided Frog
Reaction score
Too bad they don't put wax with colored finishes... I know they don't require waxing, but my ovangkol neck asks for waxing though !!! :shock:

Reaction score
thumperton said:
I have a spare Warwick truss rod tool if anyone needs one,let me know your address & I'll post it.It's only in chrome though,sorry if it doesnt match your snazzy hardware. :p

I'm fairly sure they only come in chrome. I've seen maybe twenty over the years, and they were all chrome. ~M~

Top Bottom