Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Interesting month

Discussion in 'Maddrakkett's Caffe' started by Stroud, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Stroud

Stroud

As usual I disappeared from the forum for ages (really must stop running away I know lol). As all of the Uk forumites know, the first big victim of the bad UK economy in 2013 was Jessops, the last big camera retailer. I was also a manager for a flagship store for them so I was made redundant a few weeks ago. Not too sad because it was a terrible company to work for. That said it was rather unexpected. Went into administration on a Wednesday (we didn't even know - the lab girl got a text from a mate that had seen the news on the news) and we had a conference call on the Friday telling us to close the doors. Redundancy came a few days later.

Also tried, a few days later, these new strings from an endorsement I got a few months back. Hadn't tried them before because I didn't trust them enough to try them first time on tour (we were on tour with I AM I and their bassist had 3 string breakages in 4 gigs due to a new endorsement). Turns out these strings sound like they're made of plastic. Definitely looks like cheap bass strings that are decent don't exist. Back to 3 string changes a year haha :D

Despite all these annoyances I'm happier than ever. We're just about to play a few dates with Heavens Basement and are getting some details in over the next few days for a overseas, headline festival appearance (not going to jinx it though).

Hope everyones well :D

2. Augie

Augie The Desert Bass-ape

How do you deal with the endorser in that situation? do you have to call them and say "thanx but no thanx, I'd use your product but its so inferior that its bad for my career".

3. 11080

11080 Serbian Bassist

You will find better employer..
    With 22 years old, the world is yours :)

4. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

Spill the beans Alex.
    What brand are these great strings?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Stroud

Stroud

They were called Dovetail. Not a well known brand or anything :p

6. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

As others said, at 22 you don't need to worry too much, Alex :) Actually you don't seem worried at all to me.

I am happy you are back.
    Again...

7. Bass Lady

Bass Lady

Sorry to hear about the job Alex, but as a door closes I'm sure a better one will open very soon. In the meantime, more time to play bass.

8. Stroud

Stroud

Haha seem hear you saying this too often

Cheers everyone for kind words. Spent a lot more time with the basses this week. Getting perfect setups, cleaning, restringing and playing obviously :p

Got some gigs with Heavens Basement which I'm looking forward to. Not gigged this month somehow :p