Infinity SN 5 electronic issue

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Hola amigos,
My Infinity's preamp may be dead, it works in "passive" mode but not in "active".

I want to give it a good check out but It's so cramped inside the electronic's compartment that it is hard to check any single cable...how do you safely take the electronics out of the bass without cutting or unsoldering any cable? Is it possble?
Cheers.

Reaction score
Stuipid question: Did you replace and check the battery?
I've had the same issue with an active bass before ,and it turned out the 9v battery clip was oxidized/rusted.
I think it was a 40 cent fix and 2 minutes of soldering.

5PCS-T-type-9V-Battery-Snap-Connector-clip-Lead-Wires-holder-Line-length-15CM.jpg

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Unless your pickups have a sloderless connection, you'll need to unsodler the pickup leads cables at least.
However I don't think it's a wire issue.
I'm not familiar with the Infinity. Is the "passive" mode a real passive mode, or like the other Warwick i've seen a "preamp bypass" mode ?
If you remove the battery, do you still have sound going out ?
My first idea would be dead preamp, as you still have sound coming out when the preamp is in bypass mode.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Hello again...

Since my electronics skills are VERY basic I decided to leave the job to a pro tech/luthier I know and he did a really good job. It also helped that I found the schematics of the Infinity SN's electronics so the guy new exactly where each cable belonged to without spending too much time.

Pics:

Cheers.

Reaction score
Glad to hear it's working again, can we see the video proof with a little Zeppelin please 😁

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Glad to hear it's working again, can we see the video proof with a little Zeppelin please 😁
Hahaha... well, our drummer is a sound tech for Spain's public radio-TV and was assigned to the Olimpic Games, so the guy was in Japan since late May and came back last week. He's taking some well deserved vacations and once he's back we´ll be making some god ol', Zepp-style, noise... :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom