Infinity 5 string new US Price $6699.00

Reaction score
War is generally speaking good for the economy... And the EU is very dependent on the US

Reaction score
avionix543 said:
I think the world economy is increasingly looking to China and Russia to shore up its financial future. The Euro will likely be just fine if the dollar tanks - and I really doubt we could afford any sort of Western war given the resources currently devoted to keeping those stupid Hummers on the road... Russia is locking in distribution contracts for European oil and energy supplies. Who would the European governments side with - really - if push came to shove ala US v. USSR Chapter 2? It really could suck on this side of the pond mate... ~M~

That's a twenty year plan. We have to survive twenty years first, though. =)

Reaction score
Echo said:
avionix543 said:
I think the world economy is increasingly looking to China and Russia to shore up its financial future. The Euro will likely be just fine if the dollar tanks - and I really doubt we could afford any sort of Western war given the resources currently devoted to keeping those stupid Hummers on the road... Russia is locking in distribution contracts for European oil and energy supplies. Who would the European governments side with - really - if push came to shove ala US v. USSR Chapter 2? It really could suck on this side of the pond mate... ~M~

Precisely. ~M~

Reaction score
I have rear some articals on wood prices and avalibilty.The prices are going though the roof for exotic woods,even plain woods are shooting up.The price of wood at homedepot went up 2 to 4 times the price it was four years ago.Also logs with good grain patterns sell for huge amounts of money cause they can get a large amount of wood venner out of a single log.I don't see any other material that is a good substute for wood. :(

Reaction score
avionix543 said:
Echo said:
avionix543 said:

Precisely. ~M~

I have a hard time believing that Europeans would submit to the lifestyles of China and Russia over siding with America. Trade negotiations are one thing, but if a war ever became hot, Europe would be on America's side or it would be facing another Berlin wall.

To survive that next twenty years, Europe and America are as locked together as an Indian goddess with a stillborn twin sticking out of her. Divided, they both die.

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
Echo said:
I have a hard time believing that Europeans would submit to the lifestyles of China and Russia over siding with America. Trade negotiations are one thing, but if a war ever became hot, Europe would be on America's side or it would be facing another Berlin wall.

To survive that next twenty years, Europe and America are as locked together as an Indian goddess with a stillborn twin sticking out of her. Divided, they both die.

Europe is indeed dependant on America for it's economy, but the opposite is increasingly the case as well. And the open european economy is getting stronger and stronger, and soon enough, America will be just another market, not an essential economic partner...

One of the huge problem with the american economy is that it rests on it's trillion dollar millitary budget...

To survive over the next 20 years, the US might need Europe, but, I hate to break it to you, Europe might well be able to stand on it's own...

Now, we were talking about the new price of the Infinity wern't we?

Reaction score
Wow, $6699.00, theres not a bass on the planet worth that kind of money! (IMHO) Do you realize how many starving children (living in the same country of Africa, where Warwick is harvesting lumber) could feed? Dont get me wrong, I too love Warwick basses, but $7,000.00, come on! Hopefully Warwick realizes that if they are looking to steal from the rich, maybe they should give to the poor. If they do give to charities. It would be nice to know.

Peace, Broken Thumb

Reaction score
I'm spending 50% of the time living in a logging town.I see huge timber trucks driving past the front door every half hour.Some loggers stay at my inlaws motel & they'll agree the price of timber has gone up alot.
Everytime I see one of those trucks I cant help but think how many basses could be made from those massive trees.

Reaction score
JanVanHove said:
Echo said:

Europe is indeed dependant on America for it's economy, but the opposite is increasingly the case as well. And the open european economy is getting stronger and stronger, and soon enough, America will be just another market, not an essential economic partner...

One of the huge problem with the american economy is that it rests on it's trillion dollar millitary budget...

To survive over the next 20 years, the US might need Europe, but, I hate to break it to you, Europe might well be able to stand on it's own...

Now, we were talking about the new price of the Infinity wern't we?

The US spends more than all other countries combined on defense. That has freed up the countries under America's umbrella to not build up their defenses, including Euros.

I very much hope Europe will be standing on its own soon, and that all global powers are spreading wealth and prosperity instead of pending doom and gloom. But war is an inevitable as the dawn, so we'll see.

What really pisses me off about the US economy right now is the idea that politicans trying to earn brownie points are about to borrow billions from China so that we will continue to buy extravagant things (like the Infinity) that we don't need.

I support Warwick's ability to get AS MUCH as the market will give them for their products. Although they are pricing most of us out of the market with the Infinity, I am sure they will sell enough for it to be profitable (and if not, they will discontinue them or drop their price, like the SN's).

But once Americans (and increasingly Europeans) stop buying more than they can afford, companies like Warwick who cater to the disposable income crowd will get hurt much worse than other businesses.

Maybe that is why they raised the price. They need to get as much as they can before the West realizes it can't afford to keep spending like it does. Just like the oil companies. They are getting as much as they can now because any year now there will be a technological breakthrough that gives the world 100 mpg Toyota Tundras and F150s.

Whoever gets us off the oil tit (America, Europe, or Asia most likely) will have untold wealth and world dominance for the next 100 years at least by monotizing that tech throughout the world.

Reaction score
I keep thinking about Bill Hicks..................Although he's not a bass player........

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
Echo said:
Whoever gets us off the oil tit (America, Europe, or Asia most likely) will have untold wealth and world dominance for the next 100 years at least by monotizing that tech throughout the world.

I actually have a gloomier vision of this: we're so deeply dependant on oil (not just for energy, but for a lot of other products (think plastics!)) that it's an addiction we won't be able to just shake off... The world is a junkie, and when the heroin runs out, with no methadone in sight, we're gonna have to go cold turkey and it's not gonna be pretty...

So yeah, I guess you're right, the energy war is innevitable in a sense...

Reaction score
As a person who makes his living by ranching I can tell you that the weaning away from oil has already begun in rural America and parts of Europe. Its called Biofuel and is a renewable resource that can be grown organically and not harm the environment. Many farmers and ranchers around the world are already making their own fuel for their farms needs. Gas (Ethanol= Whiskey still ) and bio diesel (french fry oil, corn oil, bacon grease etc) arent difficult to make. For $250 you can make a years supply of diesel to run your truck on. We have the technology but BIG OIL doesnt want you to know this stuff.

Reaction score
Mangas said:
As a person who makes his living by ranching I can tell you that the weaning away from oil has already begun in rural America and parts of Europe. Its called Biofuel and is a renewable resource that can be grown organically and not harm the environment. Many farmers and ranchers around the world are already making their own fuel for their farms needs. Gas (Ethanol= Whiskey still ) and bio diesel (french fry oil, corn oil, bacon grease etc) arent difficult to make. For $250 you can make a years supply of diesel to run your truck on. We have the technology but BIG OIL doesnt want you to know this stuff.

Sad but true. :x

Reaction score
Mangas said:

That's good to hear. All we ever get to see is BP commercials telling us that they are investing $5 billion over the next 50 years blah blah blah while gas is getting more expensive and Hummers have never sold better, while at the same time they got Indiana to let them dump even MORE toxins into Lake Michigan.

Reaction score
Eventually, mother nature will beat the living crap out of us puny humans. Can't wait.

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
ThirdthumB said:
Eventually, mother nature will beat the living crap out of us puny humans. Can't wait.

Yup, she's gonna get pissed at some point and just wipe us out... She's gonna be so much better off without us wrecking the planet...

Reaction score
The best way to save our planet? KILL YOURSELF!!
At least thats what those PETA and Sierra club a@@holes say.

Down here on the farm PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals :twisted:

Reaction score
I cant belive USA keeps printing more money, for just about any other country this would be kamikazee but USA gets away with it.

USA has a terrible economy right now. The reason they started the war in Iraq was because Saddam wanted to start buying oil with Euros! Remember that the whole world buys oil with Dollars. If they stopped, USA couldnt keep print new money.

jay

Reaction score
Mangas said:
The best way to save our planet? KILL YOURSELF!!
At least thats what those PETA and Sierra club a@@holes say.

Down here on the farm PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals :twisted:

I'm not a PETA member, or even a vegan, but I do agree with PETA on certain things like unnecessary animal cruelty...

Top Bottom