Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Infinity 5 string new US Price $6699.00

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by stpvoodoo1, Feb 11, 2008.

1. stpvoodoo1

stpvoodoo1

Is it me or does anyone think that this is a bit high? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Warwicks, and I own a couple of Infinitys (and a Dolphin), and I also understand the weakness of the US Dollar against the Euro, but this is getting crazy.

As I recall, when originally released, the Infinity 5 retailed at $3999.00. I certainly wouldn't expect it to stay in that range (esp after 8 or so years) but it does seem like a big jump in price.

Thoughts?

2. ThirdthumB

ThirdthumB

That's about 1000 bucks more expensive than last year. But the Thumb NT has also become like a 1000 bucks more expensive..........It is indeed ridiculous...............but the exchange rate does explain a lot......... :roll:

3. JanVanHove

JanVanHove Artist

yup, exchange rate is a killer for european products sold in the US...

4. EVOLVEBASS

EVOLVEBASS

Buy one quick! The NT5 is still ~$4,719 (street) in most places...

5. Benjamin

Benjamin

If it is a Infinity NT oil coulor finish or high polish finish, it matches with british retail price.

6. stpvoodoo1

stpvoodoo1

nope, just standard

7. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

Let's not forget the increases in the price of fuel,wood & just about everything else that goes into building basses.Also,other manufacturers have raised their prices 3 times to Warwick's 1 increase.
    The list,or MSRP price is the maximum a dealer can charge,so talk turkey & beat them down.If they wont hear of it,go to another dealer.

8. avionix543

avionix543

Warwick's raised prices every year for the last few years. Some of the dealers that I'm friends with have already been saying that new Warwicks aren't selling very well - even at last year's prices. With the latest rate hike, I can't imagine sales going anywhere good anytime soon. I guess the Rockbasses are covering the lack of sales... I know I can't afford a new one anymore and the used ones are still pretty cheap. Exchange rates are one thing, but a 20-30% across the board increase does seem excessive to me too. ~M~

9. Vinnie

Vinnie

yeah these price increases are a little ridiculous, this causes the bass to depreciate as soon as it leaves the store. I see that thumb BO 5's are going on ebay new for 2000 bucks then selling used for 800.

I think that people are suddenly buying all the used wicks leaving the new expensive ones with the music stores.

10. dbgoods

dbgoods

Hi guys,

The price increases are a tough issue, no doubt. Rest assured that the gurus in Germany have continued to invest heavily in quality and product improvements. Regardless of price, Warwick is committed to providing basses and amps which transcend price points.

Several posters have already pointed out the insane wood price increases. Tnis has nothing to do with currency. As the distributor we buffered the currency and wood increases for many years. That was probably a mistake. Now it makes the price increase for 2008 look insane instead of just mildly wacked.

Well what can we say? Our USD sucks against the Euro. Still, the basses continue to improve in all ways...and they were already darned nice. You really can't go wrong buying a Warwick bass. The sound of wood may be a little more expensive, but in the big picture, they are still one heck of a value.

Dana Teague

11. Andrew O

Andrew O

sweet, now we got dana b goods here too!

12. nizzrooster

nizzrooster

+1 Greg's right (as usual).

I didn't know Dana B. was a real person. I thought he was like Santa or something.

13. Fritz12

Fritz12

This is indeed an issue in and of itself. Unfortunately, many Americans seem not to know, or understand(or care) what this means in terms of buying quality products made in places like....oh, I don't know, say Germany!!
    It is unfortunate for the manufacturers too though, as my own local dealer has noted that the price increases have them concerned about bringing in more Warwicks that just may not move, compared to the Fenders, Ibanez, LTD's, etc. which fly out the door! :(

14. Son of Bovril

Son of Bovril

expect European products to get even more expensive as the US dollar falls guys! I live in South Africa, believe me, I know all about it! :idea:

15. JanVanHove

JanVanHove Artist

Cool, Dana is in the house!

Welcome to the forum, Dana!

16. Tv IV Dogs

Tv IV Dogs

Haha, I'm a student of economics, so I've been following this economic slide quite closely, and if some of the analysts are right, the USD could still fall another 25-35% as the full impact of the Subprime Crisis become apparent.

17. avionix543

avionix543

Pretty soon it'll be called the USP - United States Peso... :? ~M~

18. Echo

Echo

Well, rest assured that this is a temporary situation. The world economy needs the American economy to be strong (that's why most of the Euro politicians say there is no time for anti-Americanism - Bush is almost gone and they need Americans to stay rich for them to stay rich).

If the dollar doesn't bounce back, the euro will evetually fall even faster than the dollar has. *looks around for a good Western war to boost the economy* "Who you lookin' at, Russia?"

19. ThirdthumB

ThirdthumB

That's it..................I'm buying American gear asap before it becomes too expensive. Fender Jazz Bass, P-bass...............what else ?? :lol:

20. avionix543

avionix543

I think the world economy is increasingly looking to China and Russia to shore up its financial future. The Euro will likely be just fine if the dollar tanks - and I really doubt we could afford any sort of Western war given the resources currently devoted to keeping those stupid Hummers on the road... Russia is locking in distribution contracts for European oil and energy supplies. Who would the European governments side with - really - if push came to shove ala US v. USSR Chapter 2? It really could suck on this side of the pond mate... ~M~