Incoming!!! (show Us Your New Stuff Before You Actually Have It)

Reaction score
So you pay 25-30 euro (33%) more for metal housings?

Lol.

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
And Red.
Cool Idea.
I'm trying to find a red Rockbass Cheapie, to have some neck swap.

Reaction score
I've been debating whether to post this in fear of jinxing myself and missing out on the sale.

But I just got an email saying the store will hold it for me for a week, so that should have time for my invoices to be paid and clear that are due.

And then... I will be placing my order for this. My dream bass. Warwick Custom Shop Thumb 6 NT.

rzuhy28huywigxwjibfq.jpg

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I'll cross my fingers for ya Winston. That is one hawt bass.

Reaction score
I'll cross my fingers for ya Winston. That is one hawt bass.
Thanks mate!

It is 3 times what I was originally thinking of spending, but when I saw the ad for it, I couldn't help but go back and look at it again, and again, and again.

I just knew at that point that I had to accept eating 2 minute noodles for 6 months and throw down for it.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
There's one in Europe on Reverb, too. But its been on there for quite some time already.
That kinda makes me nervous. Anyway I will first string one of my fivers EADGC to find out if having a sixxer would make any sense for me.
I briefly owned a pro series Streamer LX 6 but that bass was seriously lacking the Warwick tone. Never got round to really playing it.

Reaction score
Thats unusual, the Pro's are usually pretty bang on with tonal control. They have a lot more versatility than a rockbass, which I guess has the stereotypical Warwick sound, but I just find - for me - not enough outside of that.

What electrics were fitted to it? NT or BO?

After the dust settles on this I'm looking forward to my next move in getting a Darkglass Alpha Omega 900 and still debating over the 410 or 212. Need to try the bass out with both.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
It had a maple neck. The pickups and electronics were MEC but I am guessing (it was the korean pro series) these were not the same as those on german models. Frets were nickel.
What I think is that combination of maple neck and nickel frets is what made it sound so much different from my german made Warwicks. It was an absolute bargain at the time tho so I took the chance.

We all learn as we keep moving along.

Reaction score
I've been debating whether to post this in fear of jinxing myself and missing out on the sale.

But I just got an email saying the store will hold it for me for a week, so that should have time for my invoices to be paid and clear that are due.

And then... I will be placing my order for this. My dream bass. Warwick Custom Shop Thumb 6 NT.

View attachment 22884

It's an interesting bass that one for sure! the back is totally madness I can't say the yellowheart top is my favourite but it is very unique. It has been in there store for a few years now but not that that is a problem just sharing. On my search for my own NT6 a few years ago I saw this one. Your gonna love that neck man they are totally incredible!! Keep us updated!

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
OK, this is just sexy as honey for a bear. Colorwise, at least. Excellent choice, great quality intrument.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Not really, the patterns simply extend easier without having to move up and down the neck so much. And you get to add funky little chords to your bass lines.
Looking forward to digging into 6 string playing!

Top Bottom