Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

I Have A Confession To Make....

Discussion in 'Guitars and Guitar Amps' started by Hector, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Hector

Hector Moderator Staff Member

Following the viewing of this video:

I went ahead and purchased a Squier Bullet Stratocaster in Fiesta Red (hard tail, no tremolo).

Honestly, for +/- €120 it is a really, really decent guitar! Granted, the tuners are horrible, but that's an easy fix for another €40. All in all, it makes a great guitar for picking up and playing at a moment's notice, something to keep next to the canapé, or when you take a break from work and want a quick bit of practice... (or if you are Dave Simpson, you can achieve epic tone on a cheap arse Squier Strat!)

All in all, I can only recommend this as a excellent starter guitar, or one you aren't afraid to treat roughly.

Bravo Squier / Fender !

Hoggles, Bassist4Eris and Hardy like this.
  2. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris

Steve Gregory
    I love my Squier. Mine is very similar looking to the one in the video, but it has a vibrato bar and lipstick pickups. I bought it from a friend. I paid $50 (about 45 euros) for it. It's one of the best deals I've gotten.

I honestly think the cheap guitars of today are generally of better quality than the mid-priced guitars of 20 years ago. The entry-level market is so saturated that there's really no room to put out crap.

Hector likes this.
  3. Foal30

Foal30 Supporting Member

The Basses I learnt on in the '80s were better suited for Archery.

Kids today are so lucky etc...

Hector likes this.