I am cured!

Reaction score
Congratulations Flo!

If you're new to OSX and unix systems:

Do not use an administrator account for everyday use. Have a separate admin account setup, and a regular user account. use your regular user account for everything. When it comes to installing things and accessing critical areas you'll need to supply the admin user and password, any viruses that exist that might try and install itself will need to be allowed to access what it wants by you. I've no idea if lion sets this up for you, i know on snow leopard i needed to setup and admin account and make my personal one a standard user.

Doing this stops sneaky things from messing with you, common sense etc is still needed but you can avoid like 99% of issues. And for extra security i'd avoid safari and quicktime plugins (in any browser) as many mac hacks have stemmed from exploits within these two programs.

Lady Warwick

Vampyre Spaz
Reaction score
I just got a Mac Mini for my birthday, well, that's on Sunday but I have it NOW. hehe...
I like the magic mouse but i need the 2 button for Warcraft... so... *shrug*...lol
I picked up a cd drive for it, i think is overpriced but...it's ok. I like the key board.
I can run higher settings on Warcraft. Makes me happy.
BUT THERE IS NO EPSON PRINTER DRIVER FOR ME! ARGH!!! Apple is supposed to supply the (*&#@ driver for an Epson product!?!?? WTF!!!!!! I can't use a previous version either! THIS SUCKS!

But I like my mini.....

the air is a cool laptop but imo, I'm afraid i would break it. it's so light!

Top Bottom