I am cured!

Reaction score
Dear Sam,

I would try to help with whatever system it is, so if he bought a PC and stated he would not want to use security measures on it, I would also advise him.
On a PC, we accept the fact, but due to marketing, people are getting blinded from securing their machines properly on alternative systems.

Any PC, Apple, whatver can be hacked. Anything.
Thus the advice to keep things safe and makes sense, whatever is purchased by whoever.

:)

Now let's stop the brand wars on computers and get back to the sound of wood ;)

Mr Praline

Forum Silly Person
Reaction score
Dear Sam,

I would try to help with whatever system it is, so if he bought a PC and stated he would not want to use security measures on it, I would also advise him.
On a PC, we accept the fact, but due to marketing, people are getting blinded from securing their machines properly on alternative systems.

Any PC, Apple, whatver can be hacked. Anything.
Thus the advice to keep things safe and makes sense, whatever is purchased by whoever.

:)

Now let's stop the brand wars on computers and get back to the sound of wood ;)
No.

siderocks

Fatass
Reaction score
Great and extremely important information by Nic. He's a pro who knows what he's talking about. Thanks!

Florin

OG
Reaction score
I managed to block Outlook. :)

Florin

OG
Reaction score
So if my Microsoft Outlook just crashed on my MAC, this is a MAC issue or a Microsoft issue? Anyway, I really need help now :)

Reaction score
Glad that you are happy. I wont fuel the fire that is the Mac vs PC debate, but Mac just has never been for me and what I use my computers for, plus I love building my own PC's which ends up tons cheaper in the long run.

I know people that love Mac, and people that have tried it and didnt like it. I also know of more than a few that have them and have viruses, so dont think you are going to be clean for long.....

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I worked on a macbook pro for two days and traded it for a HP laptop with Windows7 on. I also dislike my iPhone4. Any app you buy has snakes under the grass and will rape your creditcard 'this option is only available in the pro version PAY MORE MONEYS NOW!!!' it disgusts me.

So yeah, some people prefer windows/linux/android. I do not like Apple at all.

Mr Praline

Forum Silly Person
Reaction score
I worked on a macbook pro for two days and traded it for a HP laptop with Windows7 on. I also dislike my iPhone4. Any app you buy has snakes under the grass and will rape your creditcard 'this option is only available in the pro version PAY MORE MONEYS NOW!!!' it disgusts me.

So yeah, some people prefer windows/linux/android. I do not like Apple at all.
1. You got it fro free, stop complaining :p
2. Nothing is free, deal with it. All the good apps/games will of course cost money. Even then it's often <1-5 euros, both in the App store AND the Android market.

Nothing in the world is free, people. If you are an adult, you should know this ;)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Bull♣♣♣♣ sam. Open source ftw!

da-vonk

Warwick Enthusiast forevah
Reaction score
So angry birds and the like is free?

heh ... I'm no expert, but yes ...Angry Birdz iz for da free on my Samsung ... atm 3 different (full) gamez to be precize ... 8:

btw ... I tried it a few timez but I kept failing at da same level so I gave up da battle ... :lol:

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Those wars starts because often we believe by mistake that what we own, or what we believe is "what we are". So we take it too personally :)

To me they are all tools... Ok, I might be a little bit more sensitive about my XBASS...

LiF

Reaction score
Congrats Flo,

I switched to Mac 10 years ago. I love 'em. I still use a PC at work, because I have to. I, personally, find the Mac easier to use, more intuitive and more stable. We got new PCs at work 2 1/2 years ago, they are already starting to feel a little obsolete and slower. I don't get that with my Macs. Design-wise the Mac looks nicer too. Just IMHO, no need for anyone to flame me.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
I decided to try the mac, when I saw a friend of mine. He bought a sh 13" Macbook, he has it for some years, I guess it is about 6 years old. He never reinstalled the OS, does not have antivirus, the laptop works great, and the battery still lasts about 5 hours or so... That was way better than my new DELL Vostro with win 7 installed :)

This is the key word for me - Obsolete. I hope I will not have this feeling with my MAC in 2 years :)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Ofcourse. I flame nobody. Just saying I prefer pc's to macs. The hardware is the same nowadays anyway so you can install both Windows and MacOS no problem. Lots of people do because they require specific software like Autocad for instance.

And the iPhone I got from work is fine for reading mail and calling ppl. Its just the lack of flash, the deliberately being unable to login to gmail using the browser and the forcing people to install itunes (otherwise you can't activate your phone) plus the tons of bad apps that cost more then they initially tell you that bothers me.

Apple's business model is genious but evil. Besides, for the price of one macbook you can buy three other laptops or a laptop and a Warwick Corvette bass.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Btw before I forget: congrats with your new toy Flo! Macbook air look very sexy.

Top Bottom