I Am Back From Hell, And I Did Not Enjoy The Trip!

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
As a result of Hurricane Irma passing directly over my house, I have been without electric power and running water for 5 days. I finally got power back on yesterday afternoon. The night time temperature in my house was 90 degrees with about 90% humidity. I had no water because I have a well with an electric pump. I just contacted Tesla to have a solar roof installed so I can tell the local electric company to eat shit and die. The storm was down to a category 2 when it passed over and the widespread power outage was mainly due to neglect on the part of the utility companies. I would only wish what I have been thru on people I truly despise. Also, I am not done with it yet, since the utility company did significant damage to my property when they performed some incredibly shoddy repairs. They had created a very unsafe situation in my neighborhood and responded only after I filed a complaint with the Florida Public Utility Commission. I think I can make a pretty good case that the damage and inferior work they did on my property was retaliation to my complaint. What they do not know, is that I am the person that performs, and bills, many of the repairs on their welding machines. So, either way, I win!

I know there are other members here who live in Florida. Has anyone heard from any of them? The entire state had the pleasure of the "hurricane experience".

Reaction score
Yes, I am in Pompano Beach and currently have a tree on my house that knocked out one of my AC units. Another tree is uprooted that needs to be cut down. Lost about half of my fence, boat took a little damage, and my pergola is gone. But we do have power and my other AC unit so half of the house is cool. Now waiting on insurance to do their thing. :S

Florin

OG
Reaction score
5 days without electricity or running water must be tough... I am happy nothing worse happened to you guys, everything else is fixable.

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
Thanks for all the positive wishes. I am pretty frustrated by the response from the utility company. It is clear proof that the government should not create public utility monopolies like this. The electric company did more damage to my property than the storm did. And to add insult to injury, they failed to correct the problem they were addressing when they caused the damage. I have a good deal of experience with the utility company, TECO, and they are so amazingly incompetent it is really hard to believe. If they did not enjoy the exclusive market the government handed them, they would go out of business. When the storm passed over my area it was down to category 2 and yet I know people who still don't have power after more than a week. I am looking into having a Tesla solar roof installed so I can be done with these ass clowns. But, at least we didn't get flooded out like many areas did. That would have been MUCH worse.

Top Bottom