How to edit a post

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

First I want to say thank you for offering and administrating this forum.

My concern is the following: How can I edit a post?

In the sale section, I created a thread with my offer to sell a bass guitar. Since I noticed that the pictures that I used aren't optimal, I felt the need to edit my post. Although the forum tells me "You may edit your posts", I find no button to do so.

I also used the contact form to ask this question, which was ignored so far.

Thanks in advance for your help,
best regards,
Benjamin

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Benji, looking into this right now. Gimme a couple of mins so see what's going on.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
OK.

We just had a discussion about what should be editable on the forum after posting. You can find this discussion .
The default time for editing after posting was 60 minutes and has been increased to 24 hours by Florin not so long ago.

Once replied to though, posts on most forums and also on this one can no longer be edited. This is pretty much a standard forum mechanic.
Our forum software as far as I know does not allow this behavior to be adjusted for a specific part of the forum even though I agree in the for sale section this could have been welcome. This is also debated in the discussion I hyperlinked earlier on in this post.

Usually people post any additional photos in new posts within their "for sale" thread as we are quite an easy forum society and are here mainly to have more fun and exchange experiences with/about our basses. Within this group of loose cannons stuff doesn't always have to be perfect in fact we do enjoy stuff to go weird now and then. After all you are among bass players here. :D

If you are however really unhappy with the current thread just yell and I will remove it so that you can set up a new thread for your Thumb bass in the for sale section, with images you like better.

Cheers, Marco

Reaction score
Hi Marco,

thanks for the detailed explanation. Sounds totally reasonable to me :)

I'd be glad if you could just remove the thread then, so I can create a new (proper) one.

Best regards,
Benjamin

boston asphalt2

Official Forum Pain in the Ass
Reaction score
OK.

We just had a discussion about what should be editable on the forum after posting. You can find this discussion .
The default time for editing after posting was 60 minutes and has been increased to 24 hours by Florin not so long ago.

Once replied to though, posts on most forums and also on this one can no longer be edited. This is pretty much a standard forum mechanic.
Our forum software as far as I know does not allow this behavior to be adjusted for a specific part of the forum even though I agree in the for sale section this could have been welcome. This is also debated in the discussion I hyperlinked earlier on in this post.

Usually people post any additional photos in new posts within their "for sale" thread as we are quite an easy forum society and are here mainly to have more fun and exchange experiences with/about our basses. Within this group of loose cannons stuff doesn't always have to be perfect in fact we do enjoy stuff to go weird now and then. After all you are among bass players here. :D

If you are however really unhappy with the current thread just yell and I will remove it so that you can set up a new thread for your Thumb bass in the for sale section, with images you like better.

Cheers, Marco

Weird is good :)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Thread is now invisible to mortals and will be removed soon as the new thread is up Benjamin.

Top Bottom