Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

How long should i wait?

Discussion in 'Maddrakkett's Caffe' started by [wolfman], Nov 20, 2008.

Tags:
  1. [wolfman]

[wolfman]

Hi guys, here's the story.

I sold my Pro Tube IX on ebay, the buyer paid for the item using paypal within 24hr of the auction ending, I sent the amp to him within 2 working days to a verified address. The item was delivered and signed for a week ago, and i am yet to hear anything from the buyer... i have messaged him a couple of times over the past week to find out if it arrived safe and sound and if he is happy with the purchase.

Should i be getting worried about this? or am i just being a little paranoid.

Its also a pain because i cannot withdraw the funds from paypal until i receive feedback on the item

2. thndrstk6

thndrstk6 Mockup Artist

There has been a lot of theft being posted on here lately. I would be cautious.

3. [wolfman]

[wolfman]

Well the item was posted to the verified address and signed for, so it will be covered by paypal. if there is no communication within 21days of the transaction i will be able to withdraw the money..... just seams like a long drawn out process that could be sorted by the buyer leaving feedback... maybe its just me, but i would let the seller know straight away if i was happy with the item or if there was a problem with it.

If it has arrived damaged, i need to inform the courier asap to make a claim. not good.

4. thndrstk6

thndrstk6 Mockup Artist

Some people are just stupid and inconsiderate.

At least you know you'll get your money eventually.

5. BassPlyr Randy

BassPlyr Randy Long Winded SOB

I have bought stuff off ebay and always use a credit card through my pay pal account to pay for the items. I am generally really good about leaving feedback right away, but I remember one time I let it slide about a week before I left positive feedback. Now, reading your post I really feel like crap about it, because I didn't know that the money was tied up until I left feedback.

What I'm getting at, is perhaps the buyer is unaware that he/she is holding you up because he hasn't left feedback. Also, unless I am involved with a sale, I don't check my ebay messages very often so unless you have contacted the buyer via his verified address and explained the lack of feedback is holding you up, then I wouldn't think it was anything other than he just doesn't know better and hasn't checked his messages.

If he was going to try and pull something or claim a grievence then the first thing Ebay requires is that he contacts the seller and that contact has to go through Ebays message system so it can be documented. Again, the point is, if you haven't heard anything by now from the seller or ebay, again I wouldn't worry about it.

Same goes with paypal. If he tried to pull something through paypal, he would be required to contact the seller first and paypal would contact you that a case has been opened. Again, no contact from paypal suggests you have nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps you rest a little easier.

6. bassoctopus

bassoctopus

I'm getting really sick of idiots on ebay, to the point where I can't be arsed selling stuff on there any more.

It takes no effort to reply to an email.

7. IncX

IncX

wow... i just found that out now, that the seller cant withdraw funds if i dont leave them feedback. oh well.... at least i make it a point to have a maximum delay of 2 days before i leave feedback...

having said that, i should have never left feedback on the one i got the ampeg SVT4 from... because he never took care of the insurance claims for me (it had some dents from shipping)... i left him a neutral, but i really should have never left him feedback.

8. Mr Praline

Mr Praline Forum Silly Person

I actually paid in advance with a direct transfer for my new (yet old) Thumb. It was a gamble indeed, but the seller had about 600, 100% positive feedback, so that made me feel a bit better. And, the bass arrived in 3 working days.

9. bassoctopus

bassoctopus

Did you leave feedback before you received the Vampyre?

10. Mangas

Mangas

I quit leaving feedback unless its negative. I got tired of these sellers sending messages saying if you leave me a good feedback I'll give you one. They want to wait and see if you give them a bad one first. As the buyer I have to complete my end of the bargain first. I always pay at the end of the auction with Paypal so they've got my money right now. So why do they not leave me a good feed back immediately?

11. flipper_gv

flipper_gv

I think he got the money, simply waiting for the feedback.

For myself, I usually wait till the item arrives, test it for a week, then leave the feedback.

12. IncX

IncX

i got the vampyre here in the forums... not on ebay.

-*-

and yes, its annoying when after payment, the seller doesnt leave you feedback immediately... its not like i can get my money back in paypal after i received the item.

i always leave feedback after i receive the money (with me as the seller)... and i wait for a day to leave feedback to the seller, so i could test the equipment.

im glad they implemented that "seller cant leave negative" thing... although it does suck especially when you deal with deadbeat buyers... you cant do anything about it... ive experienced that once with someone who had zero transactions and no emails or anything.

13. james brunnning

james brunnning

The first time I bought somthing ebay made me wait 5 days to leave feedback.I paid right away and recieved my package two days later and had to wait.I don't get why I had to wait,and I didn't know they withhold payment till you send feedback.

14. Lex

Lex Warwick Endorser

PayPal... mmm... I've heard some horror stories for sellers.

A friend of mine has an events company, was running a big event for New Year's Day and took ticket payments through paypal.

1000 tickets at $200 a pop... before long he had $150,000 sitting in his paypal account and he wasn't able to withdraw the funds until he proved to PayPal that he was actually selling something... it just took months and months and months. Ridiculous.