Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

How is everybody?

Discussion in 'Maddrakkett's Caffe' started by Florin, Oct 13, 2011.

1. trujo777

trujo777

How's everybody doing? it's been a long time for me to be here.
    I just wanted to say Hi. I am still alive but due to church obligations, work and family have me strapped down to just a few minutes a day for myself.
    I miss the days I would be in the forum several hours everyday but I can not do it at this moment anymore.
    Kudos to the Warwickans!! :)
    Miss talking to Greg, Flo and Lex among many others :)
    I can not go name by name because I would never end....
    Will try to stop by more often...
    and... I do not have ... nor desire to have a Facebook page, my daughter has one and I cant stand how much time is spent there doing nothing most of the time...

trujo777 (George)

2. PooBone

PooBone

I've got some good news too:
    My band is working on our second full length album. Recording will be done by the end of the month and we hope to release it early 2012. We got booked to open for Lucero in our hometown, and they're a huge inspiration for us. Been writing and compiling lots of songs lately and it's all been super fun. We went on a three week tour in August/September that was the time of my life and the longest time I'd spent playing music on the road. Things are going good.

3. [wolfman]

[wolfman]

Long time no speak Flo.

I've not really been up-to much musically lately, My band Laconia broke up a few years ago, and then reformed without me, as i didn't have the time to comit to the project anymore due to my 2yr old daughter. Still pick up a bass once in a while at home, but too busy with the family to do anything serious again. I'm trying to learn upright bass and trying to produce some stuff in my home studio.

4. Carlos Bill

Carlos Bill

Hi Florian!

Hello, thanks for e-mailing me. I'm playing in a blues band with some tunes from rock and r&b; man, it's good because the band I was in prior to that, was good but not good enough to satisfy me, they put much mixed material and this new band plays more core blues, I mean, blues is blues with 'some milk on the coffee' and it works!

Good shows! :)

5. tEyEn

tEyEn

News...

Now then Florin! :d
    Nice to know you're thinking of us all. I moved to Birmingham to start an MSc in Nuclear Physics and Technology about a month ago- still have my bass (it seems Thor doesn't want me to pass it on!), so still thumping away (albeit unamplified at present) whenever I get the chance. Which is fairly often, as I'm only at the University for about 16 hours a week, including 6 hours on Fridays when I get to play with with nuclear materials in the lab :p Overall looking forward June, which will mark me finishing with lectures and exams FOREVER and going on to an engineering project in the real world, hopefully something to do with spacecraft power systems. I pretty much quit smoking too, not been overeating, but am sleeping a hell of a lot so I'm not sure what that says about my health! Oh.. and I need a job. Badly. I keep thinking about joining a band, but I've been asleep so I haven't done anything about it! :|

6. mackie555

mackie555

Hi Flo,
    I was also surprised reciecing your E-Mail. In my opinion nobody needs facebook, xing etc. They are called social networks but they are not really
    social. Sitting together, drinking a beer or whatever and talking to each other. That's social! That may be old-fashioned but for me (50 years old),
    it is the only way to cultivate a friendship.

7. basstarde

basstarde

Hell-o,

Well still playing in HEMORAGY at Hemoragy Official Website and we are preparing our fourth album !
    Otherwise, I still play on Warwick amp, but one of my cabinet 115 doesn't work anymore and I don't know why!
    And I'd like to be sponsorised by Warwick ! haha

8. The ShadowKnight

The ShadowKnight

Well, lots of stuff over the last year......

After a close death in the family last year, I got married this year and got forced by my wife and my sister to buy a Warwick $$ NT Bubinga, receiving threats of bodily harm should I dare mention I do not have the ability to play anything sensible.....
    I hope the instrument will be the holy grail I think it is :)

9. IncX

IncX

i am still rocking the Vampyres here. i tried to sell the SN but maybe its luck that no one bit.

I am playing in a pop band now as opposed to the death metal band (when i was still active) ... as for basses, i have a Ken Smith BSR5BM and a crapload of effects pedals.

i still check the forum from time to time, especially the Vampyre Hunter's page.

ive been active in talkbass, and wow... i never knew ppl ddnt like the vampyre shape that much lol

10. EVOLVEBASS

EVOLVEBASS

Thanks for the email/thread, Florin! It's good to see a few old faces!

I check in from time to time, but you're right, I too have been pulled away by other 'stuff'. About 13 months ago I found out that the company I've worked for for 16+ years was selling this site, so I decided to go back to college - finish my degree, learn some new skills, etc. Between work, school and family, there hasn't been much free time left over. But I'm happy to report that this is my final semester, and hopefully I'll have a bit more time for bass playing, bands, and of course, Warwick.

I already started out on the right foot by adding a Streamer Stage II to the arsenal last month for my birthday. It's begging for my attention...

11. Anthony Rondinone

Anthony Rondinone Warwick Endorser

Great Thread!

I agree and disagree, Facebook in the personal sense sucks. People post everything they are doing to every single person they are "friends" with(which the word friend is quickly losing it's meaning) making everything so impersonal!
    BUT facebook for a band is the most amazing thing I've ever been apart of. JOLLY is very active on FB and it's amazing to be able to post a question or comment to our fans and have a conversation with thousands of people all over the world!

I've been keeping busy, loving my Warwick Custom Thumb5! And I just picked up a new amp and changing my set up around a bit which is always fun.
    We are in the process of planning a small tour right now. So far we have a few dates down the East coast playing in Philly, Delaware, and 4 shows in North Carolina. Being that the music scene in NYC sucks, we very excited about these shows!

I am glad tho that there are people like Flo keeping communities like this alive. I admit I haven't been posting on here lately because I've just been very busy, but I want to make an effort to continue posting my rants with so many other music lovers!

love,
    Anthony of JOLLY

12. Vee-Eight

Vee-Eight

I'm alive, alright...

Things are moving on in a steady pace. I joined a band, Pop & Pistol Project, a year ago when they needed a bassplayer for a live set, and now Iḿ still in the band and an album is on it's way. I think we'll have a release in May. The genre is a bit complicated. The band was started by a analogue synth nerd and a guy who loves late 60's brittish progressive rock/pop, like the Who, Jefferson etc. PP&P is a mix of all these elements, and the result is newwave goth-synth-pop, with a pinch of political message. :eek: ;) The guys liked my playing style from R'n'B and blues-ish hard rock and wanted to add it to the impossible mix.

The rig has been somewhat updated. I've got a Marshall solid state 3530, the 25/50 Anniversary Silver Series. Quite nice and versatile amp, and most important; anybody is cool with a Marshall (oh yes, I've got the t-shirt and coffee mugs...). 8: I recently bought a matching 2-15" cabinet, and replaced the crashed Celestion Sidewinder woofers with quite affordable Eminence Beta (not LF). By the paper it should be ending up in a sort of anglo-american sound, but I don't really care. The sound has the right amount of dirt and cabinet wood to be quite perfect. The weight and size is not so perfect, and is hard to move from the rehearsal to the gigs. But hey, its a Marshall. :p

[​IMG]

I'm planning to buy a smaller custom built 12" cabinet by TKS in Sweden. It's quite loud enough for the most scenes Iḿ going to play at, and have got a lot of cabinet sound that I love so much. The plan is to mic it and mix with line signal from the pre-out connector, if necessary.

I still have my $$ Corvette in honey violin, still in love with it. I also bought a BaCH JB4 white relic to "Frankenstein" into a hotrod bass guitar. It will be painted in hot orange and will have 70's rally car style stripes, satin black hardware and pick guard. My other hobby is old SAABs (I have a tuned 96L V4 from 1976), so this bass is going to be some sort of a tribute. On the head there will be a mirrored SAAB --> BAAS (which is "bass" in Swedish, almost). The BaCH is cheap, and quite heavy compared to the original Fender, but very nice instrument to play on when properly adjusted.

Here's a sketch of the idea;
    [​IMG]

13. lasteffect

lasteffect Forum Nudist

I can't comment on the facebook thing, but not too long ago, I gained a Thumb NT 5 from GASKing. Other than that... just picked up a Krank Krankenstein Jr. 50w guitar head. Besides going to some concerts and festivals and sometimes helping my buddy's band at their gigs, I really haven't done much for a real band.

Since the only guys i know to jam with are about 2 hrs away, I can't form a band... Not until I move sometime next year.

Besides that, I will jam with them next week, when I take holiday for 4 days at the beach, where's my Thumb NT 5 will be in the repair shop til I get back, most likely. That's fine, seeing as I might take the Fretless Thumb BO 5 in it's place... I just wonder if they will like "Holy Wars" or "Dead Skin Mask" played on Fretless, heh.

14. Thomas

Thomas

Whoa... Lots of familiar faces as well as some new ones!

I haven't been around too much because I honestly haven't been playing much. I still play every other week at College Church here at St. Louis University (with my beautiful red Streamer Jazzman 5 string), but I haven't played my bass outside if that in a while.

I'll see if I can drop by more often... maybe it'll motivate me to play around a bit more!

15. lexefx

lexefx

Facebook really annoys me, but I do still use it ocasionally. . I am excited to become a father, I have 7 weeks left!! I am racing to get my hands on my 1st Wick, before I have to put it down with my new prioroties. SSII or PNUT III I know your out there! Also eagerly awaiting a custom built Pedigo bass, should only be 6 months or so... Playing mostly Bari sax these days with a soul group. Work is busy, bu not nearley as busy as it should be for 4th quarter. It was a nice surpise to find this email. Thanks for sharing yall!

16. fourfatstrings

fourfatstrings

Thanks for the email, I haven't been on this forum forever. I wouldn't say facebook had much to do with it. Although I have been on there trying to promote my band. Last year I moved to Austin, TX and joined up with a really awesome rock band called Twin Sages. Things have been really busy with gigging recording and promoting. Then I took a break earlier this year and got married and went on a honey moon in costa rica. Awesome but didn't touch a bass for almost a month(the only reason I came back)
    Came back to more business. Played an awesome gig last month at a private party for about 1,000 people, great pay and free drinks all night.
    I've also been working on making very amature but cool music videos. Here's one for our song Jack
    [video=youtube;tmQFaFYdkRc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmQFaFYdkRc[/video]
    Also been working with a really cool web designer and our official web site just came up Twin Sages at this point though you can here more of our music at Twin Sages | Austin, TX | Rock / Grunge / Psilopsycheclassicore | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation
    Thats about it for now

17. lowendfriend

lowendfriend

My bass playing has been reduced a bit this summer as I got a boat....a great distraction but a distraction nonetheless. My band competed in a battle of the corporate bands as we are all employed by the same company and thought it would be fun. We got invited to Chicago for the semifinals but didn't make the cut....very hard rock flavored judges and we are Blues. Broke a tuning peg on my Corvette $$ which served me well in Chicago but didn't appreciate the plane ride....havn't figured out how to fix it yet so have been leaning on my Lakland 55-01 until I do.

18. arachnobass

arachnobass

Hi everyone,

I haven't played in while. I quit my band last year, Moved to a new state, and recently just got married. I recetly joined a new band and we are just starting to practice.

19. Bass Frehley

Bass Frehley Warwick Endorser

Hey Flo,

I actually couldn't get on the forum on my computer at home for some reason? Glad ya sent this mail. My phone will do the trick. Been really busy with touring. Seems like I am never home. Currently out with the Devin Townsend Project on a run through the U.S.

About to get a new 8 string Warwick so stoked to play that beast. Sorry I haven't been around to much, I will definitely try to fix that. Hope all is well.

20. Pasi

Pasi

Hi Flo, good to hear from you. Had to quit my band due to not enough hours in a day... but at home rehearsing with my great custom shop everyday!

All the best. Take care!