Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

HOW DO YOU DO THE MOCKUP ART

Discussion in 'Warwick - Custom Shop' started by paperbag1213, Aug 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. paperbag1213

paperbag1213

Universe, Milky Way, Earth, North America, United
    i couldn't figure it past they use photoshop haha could anyone help me

2. JanVanHove

JanVanHove Artist

well we each have our own secrets... :twisted:

But when it comes down to it, photoshop is pretty much all there is to it... And the proper skills....

3. paperbag1213

paperbag1213

Universe, Milky Way, Earth, North America, United
    i mean how do u leave the strings and change the body wood without obscuring other stuff on the bass
    and could u post some of thsoe secrets :twisted:

4. JanVanHove

JanVanHove Artist

In short, anything is possible, but you have to learn how to use photoshp by yourself, there is no 'holy grail' secret... I learn new things everytime I do a mockup....

As for changing the body wood, I used to recopy the hardware on top of the wood, now I just "punch holes" in the new wood to let the hardware through...

Trial, error, and time...

5. thndrstk6

thndrstk6 Mockup Artist

Its all about the layers, cutting stuff out, and blending stuff together. There can be a lot of detail work as well out side of just layering. The main thing is finding pictures that match so you can steal things off one and put them on the other. Then its a matter of making it fit with colors, contrasts, shadows and such.

There have been many times where I have had to mockup things by hand though. Like a D-tuner, LEDs, frets, fretboards, strings, etc... It just depends on how much time and detail work you want to put into it.

I could tell you all my secrets but it wont help you any. Just play around with it and you will get your own techniques down. I'm still learning new things here and there. PM me if you have any questions about any specifics though.

But yes all I use is photoshop as well.

6. Avram

Avram Thread Killer

Do a Google search for photoshop tips and tricks, or photoshop help, etc. I went to school for photography so all the photoshop I know was learned there or discovered by myself through trial and error.

To learn photoshop, do a search online for help with the type of effects you want, and eventually you discover your own technique. Like was mentioned before, its all about the layers baby! :D

a book like 'photoshop for dummies' helps too, but really, you can usually find what you need online as many photographers like to post some of their tips and tricks online to show off their skills. good luck! :D

7. Gman

Gman

Yeah, there's pretty much 10 ways to do anything in PS so you'd get different answers from everybody on how to do 'such and such'.

There are several tutorials on Youtube on how to do stuff in PS...also Advanced Photoshop User is a great mag, but only if you're familiar with layers, masks, blending modes, vectors and raster images.

It's a brilliant program to use though - I couldn't do without it.

G