Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Help! Looking for info on my 90's CS Dolphin Pro I

Discussion in 'Warwick - Custom Shop' started by kdlunde, Sep 10, 2007.

Tags:
  1. kdlunde

kdlunde

I recently purchased a custom shop Warwick Dolphin Pro I 5 string on eBay and am trying to track down its 'vintage'. It's a glossy cream white finish with red LED side markers. I purchased it from an individual who purchased it from individual #2. Individual #2 purchased it from Bass Central sometime in 2000-2001. I found out that it was sold to Bass Central in September 1999. It has a volute, which I understand Warwick started using in 1997. Anyway, evidently because it's a glossy finish, it doesn't have the 'traditional' serial number on the back of the head or on the top of the head. (yes, I have looked EVERYWHERE on the head - there is no serial # there!). Can anyone at Warwick provide any more info (serial # (or where it might be located - it's nowhere on the head, or in the control cavity, or underneath the saddle), date of manufacture, etc.)? :?: I've got some pictures posted at http://web.mac.com/kdlunde/Site/Kerns_Bass_Arsenal.html.

Thanks!

2. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

I would've said to look in the control cavity but you did that.I dunno mate.

3. Mr Rabble

Mr Rabble

I can't open the link (it doesn't work), but I don't think it's a Custom Shop Dolphin

4. kdlunde

kdlunde

I'm not sure why the link doesn't work. Try this: go to my homepage (http://web.mac.com/kdlunde/Site/Welcome.html), then click on the link to 'Kern's Bass Arsenal'.

5. Mr Rabble

Mr Rabble

It's a post 1997 Dolphin I think.
    I just can't tell wheter it still has a Boiré body, or an Ovangkol body.
    The old JANI was used after 1998 for some neck through basses.

The switch controls the red markers leds I suppose...

6. kdlunde

kdlunde

Is there anyone who works at Warwick in Germany that might be able to answer this? Thanks!

7. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

Normally,with finishes that would "hide" the serial number,are re-located to the control cavity.Have you had a really good look in there?Sorry,but I had to ask.I remember a dude with a CS Vampyre with a similar finish & his was in the cavity too.