Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Help Identifying Warwick Standard Corvette

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by Jb22, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Jb22

Jb22

Hello,

I just bought a Warwick bass standard corvette (bubinga), but I’m not sure if it’s a knock off or an actual Warwick bass. The serial number is j-101911-03 on the back of the neck. It’s not printed but engraved like it should be. The Warwick site says it is German made and a standard corvette, but the actual bass doesn’t have the standard truss rod plate that says standard corvette, which made me question it. It has the MEC J/J pickups. It’s active and passive works if you put up the volume. I’ve attached a picture of the truss rod plate. Any thoughts on how I can tell if this is a real Warwick bass and not just a bass with a real Warwick neck added on? Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Stainless

Stainless

former birthplace of Warwick: Franconia, Germany
    Make a look on the backside of it. There is a serialnumber written.
    Look this serial number up on this side. If it ends with 00, which stands for 2000 you will probably won't find it there and have to write H.P.W. personally.
    en/Framus---Support--Serial-Number.html
    Perhaps somebody just lost the truss rod plate.

3. Hardy

Hardy Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

Hi bro! Just post some more pics and we surely can tell you if it’s a real Warwick. But to be 100 per cent sure write to HPW as Stainless suggested.