Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Guitar Center Short Rant!

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by King David, Aug 25, 2006.

1. King David

King David

Guitar Center is the only dealer in my city. Why is it they cannot carry Warwick wax or strings let alone any nuts or gig bags etc. I find that irritating.

Ok, I got that our of my system...I feel better!

2. boston asphalt2

boston asphalt2 Official Forum Pain in the Ass

What city are you in? contact danabgoods.com or basscentral.com for the stuff you need. It will probably be at a good price, too.

For what its worth, the guitar center near me doesnt carry much Warwick, but the guitar manager has helped me get my hands on stuff like the wax.

Oh, you could also order the wax from musiciansfriend.com (and the strings, really)

Ollie, can I work for Warwick? LOL 8)

3. odominguez

odominguez Guest

4. boston asphalt2

thats a yes in my book! HAHAAHAH :p

5. odominguez

odominguez Guest

I wanna read that book then.

6. boston asphalt2

its pretty short. It just says "YES" on the first page, then the second and the third.....Ive never made it past the third, actually. :shock:

7. sethsbase

sethsbase Warwick Endorser

We're working on it... I just had my very first training session with a Guitar Center... it's the brand new one here in Reno, and they don't open for another week.

At any rate, they were stocked with only FIVE Warwicks.

One was a Rock Bass.

And all five were Corvettes.

By way of contrast, there were twice as many Music Mans, half a wall covered in Fenders, and another half covered with Ibanez.

Boo. :?

8. gothlegion

gothlegion

a little off topic i think thats because warwick basses are pretty pricey and they have to cover the low end and the mid range i think they have more then five though

9. Malk

Malk

hey fender is pricey as well, and their low range is only quality 8)

around here we have no big music shops, and the only warwicks i ever played are the two vette standard covered in dust at my local shop..same story here with the walls covered in fenders and ibanez :D

10. H8ER 321

H8ER 321

hey, I just convinced my local guitar shop to carry Mesa Boggie amps after i bought a Big Block 750. They heard it and they thought it was the greatest sound in the world I told them thats what happens when you play crap amps all day. Before that it was nothing but fender bassman amps :( . I live in the "woods" so there are NO warwick dealers here i have to go to Orlando to get any good basses and if i go to Orlando i dont goto GC i go to Bass Central.

11. odominguez

odominguez Guest

Bass Central is the way to go.

12. Oil Can

Oil Can

Yes, the closest Guitar Center to my home is about 1 hour away, and mostly stocked with Corvettes, and only 3 or 4 of them. The last time I was there I had more Thumb Basses (2) than they did. The inventory varies.

I've been lucky though. The staff at this particular GC has been quite helpful and the deals have been smokin'.

BTW, Musician's Friend is owned by GC and they'll sell beeswax if you can't find it locally.

As Ollie said, Bass Central probably has the best selection consistently.

13. King David

King David

Well, I did get some stuff from Bass Central. By the way, the string special does not give you that good of a deal with Warwick Strings!

I was just in a GC this week and thus the rant.

There are 2 in my city. The newer one does not have much stuff yet.

I did get my hands on a double buck 4 corvette. That was cool! I want to test drive a 5 though. The low E was amazing. I played through an ampeg SVT with a 4x10. That was nice. My crappy amp sounds well crappy!

I am getting a Bass Pod XT Live today! Thanks to ebay for one for $237!!!! I can't wait to get home and try it out!

14. motleycrew

motleycrew

Dallas GC

The GC in Farmer's Branch (Dallas) is great! The last time I was there, I saw 4 Thumbs, 4's,5er, nt and bo...3 0r 4 'vettes ( one of which I bought!) and a Zebrano Infinity! the best part, they were in their own separate room with Ampeg and Mesa amps! so, I got to play quite a selection before I settled on my "baby"!!! The new GC in my city , Lewisville, is'n't so great with only 3 'vettes and a Rockbass set up like CRAP!!! :shock:

15. sethsbase

sethsbase Warwick Endorser

I made a big deal about making sure the basses are set up properly at the training session; hopefully that's something we can encourage more as time goes on... nothing's worse than seeing something beautiful hanging on the wall, taking it down to play it, and then having to fight with it because the set up is poor.

I think there's an analogy to dating somewhere in there, but I'ma let that one lie.
    8)

16. boston asphalt2

Seth, I coldnt agree more. The b asses sold be set up so they are ready to play because you want to hear them as you would use them, not as how they were thrown together any old way. Its like a new car. That new car BETTER have its alignment in check when you take it for a test drive.

The Thumb 5 I bought from GC...well, they had a dead battery in it. So I asked them for a new one. They gave me some crap about it, but finally did. I told them if they want to sell that bass, they will ahve it running properly. I ended up getting a stack of batteries from the sale kid, and I mean KID, and re-batterying all the Warwicks they had.

Had to do my part to keep the love alive!

17. jay

jay

As far as set-ups go, GC is know for downtuning their guitars slightly so the action feels better. After you get it home and tune it standard it's a different animal and needs a set-up...

18. broken thumb

broken thumb

Its too bad that so many of you have negative words for Guitar Center. I do agree that they dont always every model Warwick on hand, but who does. I bought my first two Warwicks from them and the level of service was second to none, both before and after the sale (thanks Tim).

19. naetog

naetog

I just wish everyone would leave me alone when I go in a Guitar Center. It's like being in a used car lot but 10 times worse. How many times do I really need to be asked if I need help?? And, NO, I don't want to try MusicMan, thank you very much.

20. Men-O

Men-O

In my local store there is only 1 Warwick present. But....

It is a brandnew, well at least not second hand, FNA Jazzman LTD 2004. I'm keeping it quiet, because I'm saving up for it and one day it'll be mine. If it's still there that is, somewhere, in this small town....

8)