Got an EBS Microbass II

Reaction score
.... just to kill the G.A.S. for the moment. :p :p

Can't wait until I pick it up.

Reaction score
ooooo very nice :D those thinks look awesome need to tell us how you get on with it.

Reaction score
heh yah i saw you were quick and got it from Mala the moment he placed the ad! :)

tell me how you like it once you get it. been thinking about getting something nice preamp-ish with a headhphone jack.

Reaction score
Patrik

Let us know what you think of it... especially the settings you use. The problem I had when I first got one was that I felt obliged to use all the controls... just too damn versatile. Now I've settled down, the settings are much more restrained and musical. It's an excellent DI box too.

A

ALB

I would have to agree with Saxonbass on this one.... I've had mine for about 5 months now and the Microbass totally rocks! I use mine for recording and the sound I get is very dynamic. You should enjoy it.

Reaction score
Yummy!

Trying it out for the first time, as I speak. Need better head phones though. Neat gadget! So far: I recommend!

Reaction score
I don't normally go for a lot of distortion, but I set up an impressive grind-type tone through my EBS and amp.

Comment from another band member (who should know better):

"I think there's something wrong with your amp... it seems to be distorting"

Duuurrrhhhh!!!! Maybe it's time to find another band!

Reaction score
saxonbass said:
I don't normally go for a lot of distortion, but I set up an impressive grind-type tone through my EBS and amp.

Comment from another band member (who should know better):

"I think there's something wrong with your amp... it seems to be distorting"

Duuurrrhhhh!!!! Maybe it's time to find another band!

Mr. saxonbass,

maybe you just have a very youthful mind, appreciating the distorted sound more than an average person of your age. :wink:

Reaction score
Nice one, ThirdthumB... the cheque's in the post!

I don't think any of us would play Warwicks if we were too fixed in our ways... maybe it says more about the minds of the rest of the band?

Reaction score
I just ordered one too,but I didnt have quite enough for the Bass IQ pedal as well,next time.

Reaction score
Nice grab with the microbass, and since we're on the EBS subject I am about to get the EBS tube pedal. Any info on it would be good.

Reaction score
gerrywarwick said:
Nice grab with the microbass, and since we're on the EBS subject I am about to get the EBS tube pedal. Any info on it would be good.

the valvedrive pedal? ive heard good things about it. i was considering getting one but florins been tempting me with the english muffin pedal

Reaction score
Yeah that's it, the valvedrive pedal. Good things huh? Ok I'm pulling the trigger on it this weekend! Thanks.

Reaction score
Heya Gerry,
I've been sussing EBS gear out for a while now,all their pedals are of good quality,which is reflected by the price.The Valvedrive is a really unique pedal in that it has a single 12AX7,as a result you cant use batteries on this pedal.The tube actually glows with the help of an amber light.It can produce really nasty distortion with thick low end to vintage overdrive tones admirably.There's alot of distortion/overdrive pedals on the market & this is up there with professional level gear.
Cheers mate.

Reaction score
Not heard anything bad about EBS pedals, apart from the price. Like Greg says, the price is refelcted in the build quality... they're built like the proverbial brick s***house!

A

ALB

I've been using my MicroBass II for about 5 months now with great results.... I am however selling this piece of gear as of today so I can buy a Tech21 RBI to fill the empty rackspace in my SWR WorkingPro 2x10.

The Microbass is in perfect condition and I will even throw in a VisualSound 9V AC charger at no extra charge. I paid $399 from BassCentral but I will sell for $299 OBO given that it is used. I'll be posting this in the offers section soon, I just wanted to give those reading this thread the first chance.

Interested :?:

Reaction score
Thumperton is going to make me go early! I'm stiil saving for a Warwick tube amp but in the meantime...Good lookin' out buddies!

Top Bottom