Good Free Video Editing Software?

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi guys, since the demise of Windows Movie Maker (no official versions available anymore) I have been searching for some quality video editing software to record and edit any of my clips with...

I have so far come up with three possible software products through google searches:
Resolve needs a hefty nVidia 3d graphics card to work properly from what I have heard but seems to be a really professional piece of software.
Shotcut is open source and cross-platform, also available for linux so probably a no-nonsense video editor.
Hitfilm requires you to log in to their network and also works on iPads. I bet that using this there will be hidden costs or that I myself turn out to be the product they are selling. Let's see. I'm not too keen on logging in to sh*t.

Any other good editors out there I have to look at?

I will post updates as I start fiddling with the products I just named.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
I can't make any suggestions, but I am very much interested myself! I 'll keep an eye on this thread.

Reaction score
Real Name
Adam Clapton
Before offering a free video editor, I'd like to mention that you can also use specific applications that can create memes. You can check out the Google Play store for one (I provided links here but they do not seem to work somehow, so I had to delete them). Do your research on your chosen tool, though, because the web is swarming with low-quality and fake programs.

If you want more control of your future memes, you may consider Shotcut, a free video editor that has been around 10 years steady. Please check out this link to read the review: Shotcut review: This open-source video editor is impressive

Hopefully, you will find these options helpful. Good luck.

Reaction score
hmm hope I dont get arrested but Vegas12 was really easy to find as a free download (crack) and is regarded as one of the best for video editing out there

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Da Vinci Resolve and Shortcut run on Linux and Mac, too. Good to know.

Out of the two I now use Resolve a lot. It is just as powerful (maybe even more) then very pricey products like Adobe Premiere or Vegas Pro.

Reaction score
If you have access to a Mac computer, you can use iMovie. It suffices for my needs, but then again, I'm an amateur.

Reaction score
ok, guys. right now waiting for the delivery of my new Telecaster and thinking about starting my first ever youtube chanel. I want to film my music videos and for editing them (a little) I need a software. any suggestions? which one in 2021 is the best right now? no matter free or paid.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I use Shotcut when working on my PC (with Windows10).

For easy and quick videos I rather use InShot app for Android in my smartphone. My latest Youtube cover videos were edited with this app.

Salud.

Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase, madalinaapan! How much did you spend on it? I am thinking about updating my old buddy))
What about editing software I personally use movavi. I am pleased with it because the interface is simple for me and it has a one-time payment, you pay and forget about it.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Still using Resolve. Marvelous piece of software. Can't understand how it is free to use, that good.

Top Bottom