Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Gibson Suing Everything And Everyone...

Discussion in 'Guitars and Guitar Amps' started by Nachobassman, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Foal30

Foal30 Supporting Member

image.jpeg I'm trying to support their expanding product line

But can't get any of my basses to stay on this stand

Hoggles, Toepfer, J.Grim and 2 others like this.
  2. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

Whan I was working for Warwick, I reported to HP some thumb copies. He said "I don't care, I have business to do"
    I saw the Gibson clip, it looks so cheap...

Hoggles, jester, Hector and 1 other person like this.
  3. Narcdor

Narcdor

I think this is the right attitude to take by HP. Creating the RockBass line and ensuring quality and affordability softens competition at similar price points, but really if you want a shitty bass you won’t get it from Warwick/RockBass so no harm done. Get on with quality work and it will be appreciated. Like other threads have said quite well there are enough crappy instruments around to last the world another several lifetimes. Bonus is I usually only buy second hand as there are so many quality pieces around.

Stop wasting wood with junk instruments!

Hardy, Florin and Hector like this.
  4. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

If only Rockbass would stop using the pickups on the Streamer STD, and use JJ instead... Many buy that bass because it is the cheapest. Great instrument for the money overall, but the pickups are weak.

Hoggles, Hardy and Hector like this.
  5. Stainless

Stainless

former birthplace of Warwick: Franconia, Germany
    I appreciate this idea, but the Warwick Fortress One had also bad Pickups with the MECs PJ Balanced PUs. Nevertheless I kept this Bass due to its nice ergonomy and changed the pickups and electronics :)

Florin likes this.
  6. Hardy

Hardy Good Vibe Sponsor

True dat! These pus are to weak or too special for such an entry level instrument. People will be unhappy and will make their mind about Warwick on the experience with those pus.

Florin and Hoggles like this.
  7. Hector

Hector Moderator Staff Member

I've heard this about people buying Epiphone as an entry level into Gibson (Epi pickups sound "stuffed" compared to Gibson's). But your theory doesn't really seem to apply to Epiphone. Although, people do seem ready to upgrade an Epiphone with better pickups / tuners in a effort to approach the level of a Gibson.

My Framus Hollywood (made in Korea) has proprietary single coil pickups made to replicate the original, so I think that doesn't count. The build quality on it is very, very good.

Framus' D-Series are made in China, but the pickups are Seymour Duncan, so pretty close to the German Team Built ones in that respect.

Maybe it's something Framus/Warwick are considering ?

Hoggles likes this.
  8. DiMarco

DiMarco nutcase Good Vibe Sponsor

I will never play a rockbass. The Korean pro series already was rubbish, can't imagine wanting to go for any chinese W lookalikes (which is what rockbasses are).

9. Nightmaresandconclusions

Nightmaresandconclusions

My Korean pro series is actually quite awesome, I was surprised on how close it is to a German model to be fair.

20190718_105311.jpg

kimgee likes this.
  10. Hardy

Hardy Good Vibe Sponsor

Big problem here: the MEC vintage pus have unusual measurements, you hardly can replace them.

Stainless likes this.
  11. kimgee

kimgee Wenge Taste Tester Good Vibe Sponsor

depends on who's asking
    If I am not mistaken, World Musical Instrument Company is the only large scale manufacturer of guitars in South Korea. They make instruments for a lot of the big names, and actually can make very nice guitars. I have owned several basses made, probably by them, in South Korea, and they ranged from pretty good to extremely good. I have a Guild Starfire, The Byrds, commemorative bass that is absolutely awesome, that was made in Korea. I also owned a Gretsch, an Epiphone, and a Warwick that were Korean made, and all were quite good. My experience with Chinese made guitars has been not so good. The main problem in China seems to be quality control. You can buy 2 guitars, and one will be pretty good and the other will be total trash. That being said, Eastman Guitars are very highly regarded, and expensive, and their factory is in Beijing. I think what it boils down to, is how much the purchasing company is willing to spend per unit. If a company's priority is price per unit, it will definitely show in the end product.

A couple examples of Eastman Chinese guitars.......I wish they made basses:

download (1).jpg download.jpg

12. Hoggles

Hoggles Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

Oh yeah. My brother has several Eastmans. Loves 'em. If I'm not mistaken, you can build a custom order on their site, for pretty cheap. Comparatively at least.

13. Hector

Hector Moderator Staff Member

From what I've seen, a top of the range Eastman runs about USD 2500. Completely made by hand, no CNC robots.

Hoggles likes this.
  14. Hoggles

Hoggles Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

Yeah, I seem to recall the guitar players in my old band, looking at the Eastman site one night. We were amazed how many top of the line options you could get, for "relatively" cheap. And the 2 that my brother has, seem to be very solid and we'll built. Sound great.

Hector likes this.